CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Calling all Repsol's

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Repsol's

So I'm going to be buying a set of Repsol fairings for my new (to me) 99 CBR. the question is where do I buy them? There's a few guys selling them on ebay out of HK, and then there's your American distributors, who from what I've found, get the fairings from HK, then paint them themselves. I don't think there will actually be too many companies who have invested in the dies required for the plastic injection molding, so there's probably only a few companies that make them, and then supply all the distributors. It seems like a good idea to buy direct from HK and save the $200-$300, if I'm getting the same plastics. Anybody with aftermarket fairings have any thoughts on this? If I knew the added quality was going to be there I would spend the extra money, but I want to make sure I know what I'm ordering. Any pics people have (especially macro to show decals/paint finish) would be awesome!

Once I have the plastics I just have to decide what to do with that yellow tank...

Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought from Honda CBR Fairings - CBR 600RR/1000RR Honda Fairings - CBRFairings.com, If I did it again I would definitely go through them again.

(From there FAQ section:
Do you have fairing sets for bikes older than 2000?
Yes, please contact us and specify what paint scheme you like and we will quote you a price. )

All fairing and paint work is done in hong kong through 99.9% of aftermarket fairing companies regardless of where the distributor is based.
while cbrfairings are located in Florida, my fairings came from China just as they told me, but if I have any problems I could deal with an american to fix it instead of a chinese person that does not know any english or customer service skills.

Here is my review from cbrfairings:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-r...review-129036/

Last edited by jeffjones; 02-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 AM

Actually, I did find your review while searching around a little. Very comprehensive and they're definitely and option, the price is comparable to some of the eBay sets too. Your fairings turned out fantastic, They actually do have the 99 fairings listed but you have to go through the F4i section on their site. I would probably contact them to see if they also sell the single seat cowl. I know one company I've contacted said if you buy them together they paint the cowl to match the set, which would be nice.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just noticed your from Guelph.
If your looking for group rides in the spring and summer search "kitchener" on GTA Motorcycle.com If your not already joined there.

We head out from Waterloo every week and there are a bunch of us.

Cheers

Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 PM

I ordered a set of Repsol fairings for my 1999 last week from auctmarts.com Still haven't received them yet, but will definitely do a review when I do.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Just noticed your from Guelph.
If your looking for group rides in the spring and summer search "kitchener" on GTA Motorcycle.com If your not already joined there.

We head out from Waterloo every week and there are a bunch of us.

Cheers
Sounds good. haven't done much group riding, but I'd be up for it for sure.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by armyjeffries
I ordered a set of Repsol fairings for my 1999 last week from auctmarts.com Still haven't received them yet, but will definitely do a review when I do.
I will check them out too, thanks for the link. Looks like we're doing similar builds at the same time here... both just got F4's and both doing Repsol's. What's your plan for the tank?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:18 AM

So I came across these guys: fairingkits.org has anybody used them? They're a little more expensive, but they have free shipping, and you can add the solo seat cowl that covers the back of the banana for $34.99. I wanted to get one of those anyway, but I don't think I'll find one on it's own shipped to my house for less than $200, so the offset id the price makes the kit seem more reasonable. They also told me that if I buy them together they'd paint the cowl to match the fairing kit, which saves me time and $$$. The free windscreen isn't a big deal, but they're usually a $10 add on with kits from what I've seen.

Let me know what you think.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Stellarcbr
I will check them out too, thanks for the link. Looks like we're doing similar builds at the same time here... both just got F4's and both doing Repsol's. What's your plan for the tank?
I plan on wrapping the tank in Carbon Fiber, following knifemaker87 and CJardine. I ordered 4fi fairings as I'm doing a split headlight swap, and plan on a split seat swap in the future. I ordered split seat fairings too, so until I can find a reasonably priced subby, I'm going to wrap my tail section in CF too. I'd really like to find the solo seat cowl for the banana seat in the mean-time as well. If I had seen the set from fairingkits that included a seat cowl, I may have gone that route.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM

I was considering a CF wrap too, but I think I'll just paint it now. I'll wait for the plastics to come in then take one of them with me to get it colour matched. I'm just trying to decide now if I should spray it myself, or if I should get it done. I've done painting before, and I have the guns, it's just a cost issue. Might be more expensive to buy the orange and the clear that I need than to just get it done.

Quick Reply: Calling all Repsol's