CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Anybody running this exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody running this exhaust?

I just got my F4 a few days ago, and except for lowering links it's completely stock. I want to replace the exhaust on it, and since I'm not after every little last hp, I think I'll just go with a slip on. I'm thinking about trying the Delkevic 13" Tri-Oval muffler. My last sport bike (ZX6-R) had a cf can on it and I loved that it didn't get hot since the one I had before that had melted shoe prints in it from riding 2-up. Has anybody tried on of these on an F4? I also says:

"The Tri-Oval design gives a deep throaty sound with the baffle removed and neighborhood friendly "db" levels with the baffle in."

I like the sound of that, because I don't want it to be TOO loud.

Check it out and let me know what you think! Delkevic 13" Tri-Oval

Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stellarcbr
I just got my F4 a few days ago, and except for lowering links it's completely stock. I want to replace the exhaust on it, and since I'm not after every little last hp, I think I'll just go with a slip on. I'm thinking about trying the Delkevic 13" Tri-Oval muffler. My last sport bike (ZX6-R) had a cf can on it and I loved that it didn't get hot since the one I had before that had melted shoe prints in it from riding 2-up. Has anybody tried on of these on an F4? I also says:

"The Tri-Oval design gives a deep throaty sound with the baffle removed and neighborhood friendly "db" levels with the baffle in."

I like the sound of that, because I don't want it to be TOO loud.

Check it out and let me know what you think! Delkevic 13" Tri-Oval
Im not sure how those tri-oval ones sound but i have this one
Honda Stubby Stainless Steel Mufflers / Silencers 14" (350mm)
Its sounds fantastic without the Baffles. I was actually thinking about buying the 8inch mini one for my f4 but i think it may be too loud. I say go for it i haven't had any problems with mine and with the baffles out it sounds really good.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:15 AM

How effective are the baffles? And does it still sound decent with them in, just a bit quieter? The one road I like to ride by my place has cops on one end with db meters, and they'll check every bike that goes by. Not sure what the limits are, it has to do with # of cyl's and configuration, but I would rather avoid the hassle all together.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM

How effective are the baffles? And does it still sound decent with them in, just a bit quieter? The one road I like to ride by my place has cops on one end with db meters, and they'll check every bike that goes by. Not sure what the limits are, it has to do with # of cyl's and configuration, but I would rather avoid the hassle all together.
With the baffles in its louder then the stock pipe but not too bad as long as your not red lining it. When the baffles are out its sounds a little deeper and gets louder wayy faster. With the baffles out if you pick up a little speed it will get pretty loud. With them in its not entirely bad but its louder than stock so i dont know how the cops will react. Cincinnati is a little more lenient when it comes to things like that. The cops seem to focus more on speeding and violent crimes lol.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to give it a try. Though being in Canada I'm not going to get to test it out for a few months yet. It's not the same idling in the garage, or even being revved up in neutral. I find an exhaust system only sounds good under load. I'm tempted to order it but still run the stock pipe for a bit once I get to ride so I can compare the two of them, but it's so nice looking that I might not be able to resist installing it. I realize I can put the stock one back on later to a-b the sounds if I want, but let's be realistic here... once a cf can goes on, I doubt I'll want to put the stockie back on!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to give it a try. Though being in Canada I'm not going to get to test it out for a few months yet. It's not the same idling in the garage, or even being revved up in neutral. I find an exhaust system only sounds good under load. I'm tempted to order it but still run the stock pipe for a bit once I get to ride so I can compare the two of them, but it's so nice looking that I might not be able to resist installing it. I realize I can put the stock one back on later to a-b the sounds if I want, but let's be realistic here... once a cf can goes on, I doubt I'll want to put the stockie back on!
Yeah i can never go back to stock Im spoiled now.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not personally seen or heard the Delkevic Tri Oval. However, from the pics, it bares a strikingly similar appearance to the Yoshimura Tri Oval CF exhaust. The Yoshi Tri Oval CF is what I'm running on my F4. Its a nice exhaust & sounds great. Looks great too!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:35 PM

Got the bike out for the first time tonight since I bought it. The new Delkevic exhaust is on and sounds great. Not super loud because I still have the baffle in it. Next run I'll take it out and see how loud it is. Bike runs great though.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 PM

got my taylor made the other day. i dont get home til 9 at nite. so like a kid at x-mas morning i spent time putting it on....love it...sounds grt..notice i use to shift to 2nd at 35mph now it is at 43mph....yummy

Old 03-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Went out today with the baffle out, sounds great! Delkevic was easy to deal with and I would recommend this exhaust to anybody.