CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Aftermarket light wiring right/wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket light wiring right/wrong?

Ok so I got my bike used with 44k miles on it, runs decent for a first road racing bike... But to the point! My rear turn signals are aftermarket (Cheap Bulb Painted on Carbon Fiber bull****) And I want them gone! So at the current moment, the wiring setup is set up to where when I pull the right side hand brake, my gauge cluster lights slightly flicker (when the lights on in the back come on). I sometimes pull the hand brake rapidly at stop lights so people can partially see me at a stoplight (hence, the reason for rapid handle pulls.). I have a feeling this is not good for the electrical system or the battery (replaced battery 2 TIMES ALREADY, I take to long to start my bike while I'm getting my gear on, and hi-beams being on, drains the battery). So I'm going to scrape these pieces of **** and get some LED's to put back there. Now when I install these am I going to experience the same thing with these?(Lights flickering when other electrical lights are triggered.)>? Also CAN YOU SEE THE exoticsportbike.com LED's FROM THE FRONT? SO HEAD ON TRAFFIC CAN SEE WHERE I'M TURNING DURING THE DAY? [:'(]

Old 11-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket light wiring right/wrong?

i really need some help my flush turning signals on the front are all fuc*** up the right one would not stay on but it would blink and my left one would blink but it wount turn on that happen when they are connected then they would blow the fuse for my back lights, and the cluster i know that it could be the wiring but i really dont know if thats what causing the fuse to blow. can anybody help me with this problem?? thanks in advance

Old 12-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket light wiring right/wrong?

CBRF4 you running 3 wire or 2?

I used to have 3 wire flush mounts up front, with them on all the time, but they kept melting so I swaped them out for 2 wired lights.

The wiring combinations will often make your gauge cluster light up if you have them mis connected.

My buddy is installing LED fronts I haven't seen them yet. He should be able to have them as running lights though so could be a cool set up.