CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Advice on cleaning up my 600F4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GREAT JOB! wow.. unreal.. doesnt even look like the same bike..

Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you slam the front end? Or is it just mocked up in the tree?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:49 PM

What do you mean "slamed"? Its mounted

Old 08-27-2010, 11:52 PM

Your forks are sitting really high in the tree which changes the steering geometry and ride height, as the tire or forks move up the tire gets closer to the bike etc etc..
Some people like it low like that was just wondering if it was intentional or not.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:51 AM

Oh, the lowered forks.... I wanted to see how it looked lowered, I cant decide weather or not I want to drop the rear a little bit. All that will have to wait till its sitting on tires though.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Looking really great mate! You've done a fantastic job, the patience really paid off!

Have you lowered it because you're a short-**** like me? What's that exhaust?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lookin' good!

Old 08-29-2010, 09:53 AM

I want it to sit lower not because I'm short, Im 6', I think it will look good though. If not, I'll take it apart and lift it back up. (You guys have me second guessing myself now )

One problem I'm having is that the throttle is super sticky, it returns to idle position very slowly, and when the bars are fully turned, it wont return at all. I know its because the routhing of the cables underneath the air ram cover and probably impropoerly through the forks. Is there any way I can slicken this up? Im going to have to do major deconstruction to re-route these. ( I could lift the front end back up in the process, cause Ide have to remove one of the forks to re-route the cables anyway.)

The tip came with the bike, the previous owner said he couldnt get the mid-tube off, so he could never install it. Its just a tip I'm pretty sure, no muffling at all. I also put a heat wrap on the headers. Ive heard mixed reviews on the effects of doing this, in reguards to back pressure, but shlt, a megaphone exhaust wouldnt create any more back pressure than this tip!)

The windscreen was also shaved down about 3 inches to get rid of that "Great Wall of China" look on the front fairing.

The only other modification I did is take get rid of the hoses for the 1st stage of the 2 stage ram-air, (Am i refering to it properly?) and just routed it down the right side and threw a dressy air filter on it.

Name:  PICT0010-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  81.8 KB

Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 AM

Added a manual radiator fan switch.

Name:  PICT0015.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  89.5 KB
Not too difficult in the wiring department.
Name:  PICT0016.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  84.4 KB

Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 PM

This thread is getting some cobb-webs on it!

Anyway, I got the bike all put back togeather and started up, but I have a few questions.

The bike is a pain in the *** the start up with anything less than a super-full battery.
It hasnt been started up since I started this thread until today, so is this to be expected? Ive started it up 2 times, both times, it drained the battery so much that I had to recharge it before starting it up again (just idleing).

Another thing....when I twist the throttle, the carberators dont open up? The cables are connected, its just, as I twist the throttle, the damn things dont physicly open!
The choke and idle adjust do alter the idle RPM though.

Last thing...tonight (the 2nd time I started it up), it was idleing fine for 2-3 minutes and then just died. Whats the deal here? Is the battery just draining to the point that its not strong enough anymore? Ide like to get it hot enough to atleast move the temp. guage needle and cure my exhaust wrap.

(Bike is currently confined to the back of my truck due to no plates/registration.)

EDIT TO ADD: Cranked right up this morning with a battery that had been on charge overnight. I let it idle for a few minutes then even the slightest twisting on the throttle made the bike either shut off or nearly shut off. The bike also responded very slow/laggin to any input on the choke or idle adjustment....anthough it did seem to be idleing strong between 1-2K RPM.

Any help/input is welcome and appreciated!

Last edited by Wheres-Waldo; 10-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Advice on cleaning up my 600F4