CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

2000 F4 horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 F4 horsepower

Phantomrider: Man how in the world did you got those 119 RW? tell us more if there's no secret. thank you

Old 01-27-2007, 10:21 PM

u get to P and P the heads along with a stag2 jet i could see it

Old 01-28-2007, 07:46 AM

excuse my probably stupid question what is the difference between stag1 and stag2 jet?
thanks

Old 01-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stage 1 and Stage 2 are mostly bull**** names that people don't understand... You hear a few people throw them around as if you *should* know what they're talking about, and that it makes a big difference. They just represent a kit - that's it. You could just say you installed the right jets/needles for your bike as it is setup currently - or just say jetted.

A stage 1 kit is for a stock or slightly modified bike. Maybe a slip on exhaust with the stock headers for example.

A stage 2 kit is for a bike that you've changed some stuff on - for us it's pretty much only the exhaust as the stock airbox is pretty good.

A stage 3 is available for some bikes... but I don't think for ours. This is a designed for a more tuned bike than ours, potentially running individual air filters instead of the stock box.

For more reading:
http://www.dynojet.com/carbjet.shtml

Now - for the other stuff. If you think of a bike in three parts - intake, motor, and exhaust. To get hp you want to run as much fuel through the engine as possible. To make the fuel burm you have to have the right ammount of air. Setting up the carbs sets the mixture - lean and it gets hot, rich and it bogs.

The limitation of more fuel (and therefore more air) is the intake and the exhaust. If you're exhaust is too restrictive you can't put more fuel/air through the engine. After market exhaust and voila more potential for airflow. Some bikes are intake restricted from the factory - some are exhaust restriced.

So you go ahead and install a better flowing air filter. ( don't throw out the airbox as it's very scientifically/carefully designed to get more airflow through it's mouth than would be possible with a straight pipe... resonance.

So far we've added k&n filters, and some sort of full exhaust in our hp quest - we are running nearly $1000 in parts. To make use of the extra flow we've also jetted the bike - replaced the stock needles and jets with some nice adjustable ones perhaps.

Now the intake isn't just the airfilter, and the exhaust isn't just the exhaust pipe. The ports in the engine that bring the air mixture from the carbs to the top of the piston at the intake valves, and the ports in the engine that bring the exhaust from the exhaust valves to the exhaust pipe. These ports can be honed and polished... a really knowledgable person would understand the science here (either from books or practice) to get the biggest flow through the available space... sometimes that doesn't mean the biggest hole either. So they polish them up, and now they've reduced the restrictiveness here and suddenly we've really got something for airflow.

Now a port and polish varies in cost and advantage from bike to bike. The new bikes are really well built and I don't think you could do that much more... you'd need a really good guy to get the extra ponies here - and there is the possibility you work will be in vain... or worse you loose hp. This is probably going to run you over $500 for a cheap guy and over 2000 for a good guy.

Anyhow - that's the rundown of the air/fuel performance mods off the top of my head.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:42 PM

thanks a lot.
So. i do have a Dyno jet kit, an Micron Race as the end exhaust, and BMC air filter on My 2000 F4.
this is what is cold stage 2?
Thank u.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:59 AM

No, the Dyno jet kit you have is probably a stage 1. You dont call your bike a stage 2, it matters what jet kit you bought.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:18 PM

ok. Please explain what is the difference between stag1 and stag 2 Jets.
I brought mine from Louis (an on line shop here in Europe)

Thank You

Old 01-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Stage 1 kit is meant for a stock engine with very little modifications. A stage 2 kit is even more of a performance enhancer, but you'll only really benefit from it if you have heavily modified your bikes engine, exhaust, and possibly air intake.

For the average rider who buys a K&N filter and slip on, a stage 1 kit is a good and more common choice. If you love to tinker and dont mind messing with the carbs, air box, and full exhaust, then a stage 2 kit can give you more kick.

If you bought your bike with the jet kit alreasy installed i'm sure it is a stage 1.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Sinner

Phantomrider: Man how in the world did you got those 119 RW? tell us more if there's no secret. thank you
Ok well i have a full Jaradine Exhaust, Port and Polished heads, the cam was swapped, K&N Air filter, and Jetted!! The cam was the biggest factor and next was the porting and polishing. Its fairly cheap to do the heads and it does make a huge difference......the cams can get expensive though!!

Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you got a dyno? I'd love to see that curve... how streetable is it?

Quick Reply: 2000 F4 horsepower