CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

1999 Repsol Replica or fake ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Repsol Replica or fake ?

Hi all

I've come across a 1999 F4 Honda with 29.000 on it. It has Repsol colors but I've never seen a 1999 F4 repsol replica. What do you think ?

Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be an aftermarket fairing kit. You can find them on eBay. Looks good.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by cwmc29
It would be an aftermarket fairing kit. You can find them on eBay. Looks good.
Do you think it would be a good buy ? What should I look out for ? Here are some more pictures:

Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 AM

Looks like someone put alot of love into it, they even did the rims to match. You would sure have a unique f4 with that fairing kit (although you may want to check the fairing fit because some of the ebay kits are kinda crappy). The bike looks sick IMO

Old 02-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by platnumbob
Looks like someone put alot of love into it, they even did the rims to match. You would sure have a unique f4 with that fairing kit (although you may want to check the fairing fit because some of the ebay kits are kinda crappy). The bike looks sick IMO
Speaking of which apparently the front fairing does not have the right mounts for the headlight, so that's why the extra screw right above the headlight unit. What do you think I should check on the bike before buying it ?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:51 PM

Well if someone changed the fairings, the bike could have been laid down.... (Thats why I did the exact same procedure, just Konica Minolta Replica)

Check that the frame looks straight, the forks and triple clamp up front are straight and not cracked. Look the plastic up and down, the eBay kits have a tendency to crack easily, and they require a lot of modification to put on the bike. Check for screw holes in odd places, etc...

Check all wearable parts, ie chain, sprockets, tires, rotors, brakes, check fluid, ask for records, etc...

What type of price with 29000 miles (or km??).

Peace.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:08 PM

Two more pictures, see if you can spot the 2 problems in these:

Old 02-16-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by smmi0501
Well if someone changed the fairings, the bike could have been laid down.... (Thats why I did the exact same procedure, just Konica Minolta Replica)

Check that the frame looks straight, the forks and triple clamp up front are straight and not cracked. Look the plastic up and down, the eBay kits have a tendency to crack easily, and they require a lot of modification to put on the bike. Check for screw holes in odd places, etc...

Check all wearable parts, ie chain, sprockets, tires, rotors, brakes, check fluid, ask for records, etc...

What type of price with 29000 miles (or km??).

Peace.
Thanks for those, wrote them down. Price is 4500 USD but that's because I'm in eastern europe and it's km

Old 02-16-2009, 05:26 PM

First thing I can tell is that rear-set is not OEM, so there is a chance that the bike was laid down.
Next, I cant tell if it is just the picture, but it seems that the tank is dinged up (dent on top). I might be wrong here, it might just be my sight.
The mirrors are not OEM, another possibility of bike being laid down.
It looks like the brake fluid resivoir is non OEM, another sign of possible damage.
Same with the wind screen.

Those are just a couple of things I noticed. They might have been replaced for some other reason, but that is possible.

Well does the 4500 include shipping or not....

So just about 18000 miles for on the bike...

The price seems ok, not too high nor not too low. I guess it depends on the bike...

Anything else, let me know.

Peace

Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by smmi0501
First thing I can tell is that rear-set is not OEM, so there is a chance that the bike was laid down.
Next, I cant tell if it is just the picture, but it seems that the tank is dinged up (dent on top). I might be wrong here, it might just be my sight.
The mirrors are not OEM, another possibility of bike being laid down.
It looks like the brake fluid resivoir is non OEM, another sign of possible damage.
Same with the wind screen.

Those are just a couple of things I noticed. They might have been replaced for some other reason, but that is possible.

Well does the 4500 include shipping or not....

So just about 18000 miles for on the bike...

The price seems ok, not too high nor not too low. I guess it depends on the bike...

Anything else, let me know.

Peace
Very good observations, thanks a lot. Shipping is not an issue, the bike is 50 miles away.
What do you think happened around the rear brake pedal area ? That brake pedal looks like it's just hanging on by the spring for the brake light. You can see it in the picture before the last one.

Quick Reply: 1999 Repsol Replica or fake ?