CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

wheelies <3

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies <3

what gear set up you guys have to do second gear wheelies ?? i got a -1/+2 but i dont want to be clutchin it up seeing how its an old bike ..

i can just stand mine up in first and hit the balance point pretty well just want to be able to do it in second gear? anyone 2cents would help

Old 10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned
Default RE: wheelies <3

Mostly I see -1/+5. Look around for sprocket sets in a search.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:08 PM

it can be done your going to have to be in second gear really high rpm, so your going to be hauling ***, let off the gas to load the fork then immediately hit the gas again. Clutching isn't really going to the bike just the clutch plates

Old 10-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^HAHAHA....squid you have no clue what your talking about
that bike STOCK..can wheelie in 3rd all day long
personally i run -1 +13 but thats my stunt bike
and clutch EVERYTHING up..its the easiest way to do it and thats how its done
in 2nd gear....u need to be going about 55 or so....higher the rpms the less torque you have to get it up
just clutch it up at 55mph...giving it more gas and clutch each try to figure out the sweet spot
it will come in due time
btw..i wheelie in 5th gear on the highway..anything can be done if you know what your doing

Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 PM

calm down bob =] you serious you could get a stock f3 up in 3rd gear? hrmm i'll try the 2nd gear clutch thing... see if it works well im gunna go riding be back later tell you how it goes

Old 10-19-2006, 04:18 PM

haha..sorry bro i just hate it when people post up when they really dont know what they are doing
take it from someone who does
it can easily be done in 3rd gear...its all about practice
for you...id do 2nd gear at about 60mph ...just so you keep alot of engine brake...just cover that rear brake so in case you do get it up to high and get scared....you can hit the brake and come back down...just be safe and take your time

Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM

I was just giving him an option because he didn't want to clutch it up for the gearing he has. I don't see how you can easily let the front end float up in second or third without being higher in rpms right after you load the front end if you don't plan on clutching it up. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly but by no means am I a squid but I'm also not a stunter. So please do help him out better than I can.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Triax

I was just giving him an option because he didn't want to clutch it up for the gearing he has. I don't see how you can easily let the front end float up in second or third without being higher in rpms right after you load the front end if you don't plan on clutching it up. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly but by no means am I a squid but I'm also not a stunter. So please do help him out better than I can.
you dont understand how these motors work...they dont make alot of torque...and the higher the rpm..the less torque you have to work with
so in 2nd gear going 45mph..that bike will rip right up
and at 70 in 3rd it will do the same thing

Old 10-19-2006, 05:58 PM

like i said i'm not a stunter I'm only talking from my personal experiences. Your right I'm wrong, enough said. Stunt away

Old 10-20-2006, 02:06 PM

WOWZERS calm down guys =]

doesnt matter anyway because i wrecked... ****s kinda funny actually because i was doin wheelies and stopies skiing crusfixes all day then a jack *** desides to stop short infront of me and i hit him...

Quick Reply: wheelies <3