CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Wheel Bearing Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Bearing Parts

Hi Guys,
Can anyone list the part numbers I would need to complete a Front and Rear Wheel bearing job?

When I look at the microfische, there are at least 10-12 bearings on the rear wheel, which I don't think I need all of.

So can anyone list the part numbers I need for both Front and Rear to do a bearing job? I'm assuming the dust seal needs to be replace as well.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:11 PM

Get the kit from All ***** Racing it contains all the parts you will need (seals, bearing etc). Their products are MUCH higher quality than OEM bearings, the company is amazing to work with (*see below) and they are usually a little cheaper.

*I used their kit for the steering head bearing on my bike. A friend of mine works at a shop and offered to press the lower bearing onto the triple tree for me, well they used the wrong press and crushed the cage. I emailed the company and was called by the CEO the next day, He sent me a new bearing free of charge and some stickers too!

Here are some links to ebay auctions for the kit you would need.

95/96 CBR F3 REAR

95/96 CBR F3 FRONT

97/98 CBR F3 REAR

97/98 CBR F3 FRONT

Last edited by espelade; 08-31-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add front kit links
Old 08-31-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by espelade
Get the kit from All ***** Racing it contains all the parts you will need (seals, bearing etc). Their products are MUCH higher quality than OEM bearings, the company is amazing to work with (*see below) and they are usually a little cheaper.

*I used their kit for the steering head bearing on my bike. A friend of mine works at a shop and offered to press the lower bearing onto the triple tree for me, well they used the wrong press and crushed the cage. I emailed the company and was called by the CEO the next day, He sent me a new bearing free of charge and some stickers too!

Here are some links to ebay auctions for the kit you would need.

95/96 CBR F3 REAR

95/96 CBR F3 FRONT

97/98 CBR F3 REAR

97/98 CBR F3 FRONT

Hey..thanks for the info.
I did consider these, but read a few negative reviews and decided to stick with OE.

So i'm just looking for OE part numbers.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM

when do you know when the wheel bearing is bad? does it vibrate real bad at high speed or braking?

Old 08-31-2010, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by mr93t
Hey..thanks for the info.
I did consider these, but read a few negative reviews and decided to stick with OE.

So i'm just looking for OE part numbers.
You're kidding right... the seller got 7 negative out of 2321 transactions in just this month. That's 00.6% negative. Wow, your a tough cookie to please.

Well, you didn't tell anyone what year bike (I'm assuming it's a F3, otherwise you wouldn't have posted here ) you have, so would you like someone to list all of the part numbers for the different years ?

when do you know when the wheel bearing is bad? does it vibrate real bad at high speed or braking?
Well, my wife had a bad rear wheel bearing during our recent trip up to NY and Canada. Her initial comments to me were "wow, those are some really unusual wind gusts I'm feeling". Later she felt the bike making some unusual movements in the back end of the bike while going around a corner. I rode it for about 75 miles with that bad bearing and it felt like that back end of the bike was wondering around. With the bike on the center stand, you could wiggle the rear wheel back and forth, something that it shouldn't do.

Last edited by IDoDirt; 08-31-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added second answer
Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
You're kidding right... the seller got 7 negative out of 2321 transactions in just this month. That's 00.6% negative. Wow, your a tough cookie to please.
I wasn't talking about eBay reviews. Those are hardly reviews. Most ebay buyers slap on the the product and give a review based on their first or second day impressions. Not a tough cookie at all...just smart with my money. I also, I don't care about the seller...I'm more concerned with the quality of the product.

Well, you didn't tell anyone what year bike (I'm assuming it's a F3, otherwise you wouldn't have posted here ) you have, so would you like someone to list all of the part numbers for the different years ?

Well, my wife had a bad rear wheel bearing during our recent trip up to NY and Canada. Her initial comments to me were "wow, those are some really unusual wind gusts I'm feeling". Later she felt the bike making some unusual movements in the back end of the bike while going around a corner. I rode it for about 75 miles with that bad bearing and it felt like that back end of the bike was wondering around. With the bike on the center stand, you could wiggle the rear wheel back and forth, something that it shouldn't do.
Up on the rear stand with chain and brakes removed, I spin the tire and can hear a "RRRRRrrrrrr" when the tire is spinning faster. As the tire is coming to a stop, the noise stops/quits.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 PM

i guess OEM wheel bearings are expensive