CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

What's your jetting? How's it run?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your jetting? How's it run?

Purely out of curiosity, for those with jet kits, what's your settings (i.e. main jets, needles, fuel screws)? What's your mods (just for things that effect the engine performance)? How's the bike run? Does it have a broad powerband? Peaky? Power drops off early?

For my bike i've got just K&N air filter, Jardine slip-on, and i'm using a Factory Pro jet kit. Jet kit settings consist of 138-out, 140-in for the main jets, #4 on the needles, and 2 turns out on the fuel screws. Runs good, doesn't surge during cruising and pretty responsive when i gas it in a high gear while cruising. It'll bog under 4-5k rpm if I full throttle, but spirited riding I don't seem to have problems with that. High RPM the bike pulls nicely all the way to redline and there's a pretty noticable gain over stock.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Default RE: What's your jetting? How's it run?

BMC Air Filter, Factory Pro Needles with softer springs for quicker reving, Full V&H exhaust. I have the stock jets still. Runs great in all RPMs.

Once I get the Ignition Advancer(Which I hear helps out your throttle response and midrange greatly) I'll get the bike on a dyno and have it tuned in. I'm told with that set up I should get close to 100hp with race fuel and 93-95hp with pump gas.That is atthe rear wheel.

No 520 conversions on my chain/sprocket and I run stock gearing so my Torque won't be altered when I do run the dyno.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM

I was gonna buy one of those ignition advancers but I decided against it after I got some really bad headshake last weekend. I figure I won't look into any more power mods until I get a steering damper (if i get one at all).

Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Well from what I understand the ignition advancer doesn't add a whole lot of power. But it does give the bike much better throttle response, quicker revs, and better midrange.

After I get the ignition advancer on, my next mod will be new tires and some steel braided brake lines(For the front. I'll do back later) since I ride the mountains a good bit. Which no point to have a ton of power with no stopping power.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:32 PM

hey did you get the carb kit with the titanium needles?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Asmittie84

Well from what I understand the ignition advancer doesn't add a whole lot of power. But it does give the bike much better throttle response, quicker revs, and better midrange.
Yeah, but more midrange isn't what I want right now lol. Don't need to get any more drive out of the corner until I get the headshake sorted out.

ORIGINAL: pr0jktmayhem

hey did you get the carb kit with the titanium needles?
No, it was my understanding that the needles probably won't wear out quick enough to warrant spending the extra money on the titanium kit.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:41 PM

I run 138 in 1-4 carbs with k&n filter, full yoshi system and a +2 advancer. I tried the staggered jets and mine on the dyno to like the 138 jets in all 4.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:24 AM

137.5 mains all the way across,stock pilot jets,2 turns out,clips in the middle,paper filter,HRC ignition box.

105.7hp on the wheel with pump gas

Old 02-28-2008, 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: kjohnson

105.7hp on the wheel with pump gas
Jeez, wish my bike made that much power...still need to get my bike on a dyno sometime

Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 AM

Oh ,and 48 ft/lbs of torque [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

KWS motor.It ain't stock.That HP number was before the final carb adjustment.Now it runs like a dog shot in the @ss!!

Dyno don't mean squat unless it has a snorkel.That's what tells you what is coming out of your bike.PM me kwong,and I'll let you in on a little secret

Quick Reply: What's your jetting? How's it run?