CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

What do you think about this bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about this bike?

Edit: I've decided on an F4i. Here's a link if you would still like to tell me what you think!
https://cbrforum.com/m_545869/mpage_.../tm.htm#545869

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/624641452.html

I know that the race tires won't be too good on the street so I will have to look into new ones right away. I have been told that he is also asking too much. I think that's just a tax I have to pay because of the season. Even F2s are going for $3k. I wonder if I should consider it since it's been raced. If he kept up maintenance it shouldn't matter much.
Anyways what do you all think?
Thanks for your help!

Old 04-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned
Default RE: What do you think about this bike?

It's nice and looks clean, but if you can't get it for $3000, I personally would pass. It does have low miles and I'm guessing he only did track days which tax your bike, but nothing like10-15 laps ofracing.

I dunno - if you take a look at it and the motor sounds good (which I'm guessing you won't know considering the questions your asking - take a friend who knows) and it is as clean as it looks, I might say it would be worth $3200. There are a lot of variables here that make it tough until you can see/hear and talk to the person selling it.

Like I said, though, $3000. If F2's are bringing $3K+ then all I can say to you my friend is, have a laugh at the fools buying them. I'm not saying they are bad bikes, but the technology is VERY old on an F2 compared to what you can get for $3K+.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:16 PM

+1 to what Cr3nshaw said.

It's clean and looks nice, but i would also pass. I have an F3 and could have bought another, but it was worth it to me to add a few more hundred and get a bike with fuel injection. A tuned carb'd bike is great (God, knows I love my F3) but the carbs have been a pain in my *** for a while on this bike.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 PM

bike looks great and they are right about bringing someone who knows bikes. but as for the look well im kinda partial to it i got the identical bike myself

Old 04-19-2008, 11:34 AM

Edited first post!

Thanks for the replies! I sent him an e-mail yesterday, but still haven't gotten a response yet. I never pay asking price. I was thinking start the bidding at 3k, if it rides and sounds good. I know how to listen closely to a motor. There will also be a friend of mine that knows a bit coming with me.
These bikes are chain driven correct? I heard that they rattle. I am familiar with a chain driven car and the symptoms were the chain hitting the guides. The cause was the tensions being gunked up and not working properly. The fix was to spray some WD40 or penetrating oil on them to loosen up the gunk and then they will function properly. Could also replace them as well. Or if you're really lazy just remove the guides so you don't hear the chain slapping on them. There hasn't been a reported case of the chain skipping a tooth, so most people opt to remove the guides. I chose to loosen the gunk out of the tensioners.
TMI i'm sure, but I guess I'm asking if it is similar to the CBR600s?

I would think that the sprockets would still be good after only 8thousand miles. But that's why my buddy will come along.

Anything else I should look at?