CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

What to do to my old F3 for this riding season.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do to my old F3 for this riding season.....

This will be my 4th riding season on my good ol' F3. It's been an awesome first bike but I really want something newer, something with more power, something that doesn't have 45,000 miles on it lol. But since I've been laid off since August I'm probably not going to be upgrading anytime soon unfortunately. So, what can I do to my bike to make me happier this year? I was thinking a Corbin seat would probably be a nice mod this year. I've already gone +4 teeth on the rear sprocket. What else can I do to make the bike have more punch? A new clutch? I haven't jetted it, but will I really be able to feel a power increase with this mod? What else should I consider? Thanks everyone, hope you all are having a great year so far!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love your bike

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM

Your bike looks absoulutely new and certainly fantastic! Your laid off, so just polish it, change the oil, filter, bleed the brakes clean/oil the chain and whatever other Maintenence it needs. Ride it as is, push to get you career going again, and be happy you can keep it.

As we all know, after spend X$ on cool stuff, it becomes less important after you bought it.

Sorry, if I sound like Dad.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Krux
I love your bike
Thanks!

Old 01-10-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by smr123
Your bike looks absoulutely new and certainly fantastic! Your laid off, so just polish it, change the oil, filter, bleed the brakes clean/oil the chain and whatever other Maintenence it needs. Ride it as is, push to get you career going again, and be happy you can keep it.

As we all know, after spend X$ on cool stuff, it becomes less important after you bought it.

Sorry, if I sound like Dad.
Dammit dad! Lol I know what you mean, thanks for the advice.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:15 PM

if you want get the jet kit they are about 100bucks new but the response time and acceleration will get a noticeable increase other then that the bike looks amazing

Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't tell you much about jetting because I don't have the experience with it on these machines. For my money, I go with upgrades like braided brake lines, rotors, pads, etc. first. If you're serious about aggressive riding and you know how to ride, you'll get more out of suspension and brake upgrades than out of engine upgrades. (especially when you factor in cost)

For me, it's not worth it spending too much on these bikes for upgrades when I'd probably be better off saving that money to put toward something new.

On a side note, is that rhinoliner/linex on your lowers? The contrast looks sweet. I like.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 PM

Much luv for that F3. I like all the above suggestions. I got 40,000 on mine. Keep em rollin. A couple more suggestions to the list maybe a double bubble windscreen and some new mirrors. LEDs-Cheap upgrade http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips. Have fun. Nice bike.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:57 PM

Get a pit bike or a moped, after riding one of those you'll think your bike is fast again. Hehe, I dunno if I would really worry about modding your bike any more than it is because if your lookin to sell soon or at all, you will have a very hard time trying to recoup any money put into the bike. I know corbin seats arent cheap and jetting can be expensive if you don't do it yourself ... or I suppose it could get expensive if you do it wrong too LOL

Old 01-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Got to say I love the bike man looks sweet. As has been previously stated enjoy the ride and have fun on it. And is it Rhino liner on the side??

Quick Reply: What to do to my old F3 for this riding season.....