CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

well...i wrecked it...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well...i wrecked it...

yep...i did...sorry if my typing sucks, i only have one hand working. The bike is only cosmetically damaged, along with the left handle bar snapped off...i was just getting it running w/o choke so my friend could ride it in the parking lot...i rode up into another lot, and when i started to slow down i felt the bike wobble. i think the rear was wobbling. from a patch of dirt i guess. i tried to miss the car, turned left and ran into some 6" rocks...then i remember standing up n looking at my hand. my left hand is gouged out to the bone. and bleeding all over the place. apparently i hit the rim of the car, but they say my tank hit it. the bike came to rest at the far side of the car. the body, bumper, everything is untouched, just a 3/4" scracth on the rim, and he has a lot of negative camber. i do not see how my tank did this w/o touching anything else. it leads me to believe that i didnt do it...maybe i did...idk...anyways, im gonna try n attach some pics of my bike and a wonderful diagram in mspaint. it shows rocks,cars, n the star is where it began to wobble. the rocks are what gouged my hand.

moral of the story...ANYTHING you do that involves moving your bike,wear full gear! i would not be as bad if i were wearing my gloves n jacket. i would be untouched...

pics coming soon...

[IMG]local://upfiles/19490/76436B1FFF994088B54C16EAFD650408.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Default RE: well...i wrecked it...

Pics of the bike:

http://picasaweb.google.com/redzintimidator/NewFolder02

The scene:

http://picasaweb.google.com/redzintimidator/TheScene

tire marks start about 30 feet back...no pics of them yet.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you heal up alright. What are you doing with the bike?

Old 09-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Damn man! That had to shoke you up a little. How fast was the whole thing? That really sucks, looks like the bike got touched everywhere. Hope everything works out okay.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:38 PM

the right side below the tank is untouched...im thinking either sell it as is...or rebuild it. its only the left and upper plastics,left handlebar,and the kill switch..and the tank. right side looks like nothing even happened...

Old 09-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you heal well and soon/ I recently came off my bike going about 60 in full gear and have got to say it saved me from any serious injury(all I got was some deep bruising). I can'tsay enough to wear your gearall the time it really can save you, I used to pop out on my bike with only bits of my gear on but after my accident would never dream of doing it again.
sorry to preach.
Ride safe.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Man that sucks.......it was a purdy lookin bike..........................Stunt Bike!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 PM

Damn Bro! ... Heal up quick and get back onher when she's doing ok again. Glad you're ok over-all. 100% gear -all the time .. Have fun, Ride Safe.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 AM

Sorry to hear about your whip. Get her fixed or sell her and get back out there.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:04 AM

I say... get stunt ready sucka!!!

On a serious note, sorry to hear about that man. I think everything is the drivers fault. That's why they're trying to enforce the "share the rode" policy for bikers to drivers. But the thing is, drivers aren't looking for bikes... and if you are looking for bikes, you won't see one. So what ends up happening is what us riders don't want to happen... being unscene. Worst sh*% ever. I'm glad to hear that you're still kicking. Heal up, don't rush, and if you're still willing to ride, an investment on a full set of gear is an investment on your life.

Let us know what you're planning to do. I already could see people asking you if you're going to part out your bike considering they're intentions from reading their posts. You scavengers!!! j/k. Well not really. Hah.

Good luck my man.

Stay up.
-Jasper

Quick Reply: well...i wrecked it...