CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Thinking about selling my F3

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about selling my F3

I think I'm gonna have to sell my 1996 F3. I've already put a lot of money into it and gotten nothing for an outcome. Right now it runs but it like boggles sometime while I ride. I threw some Sea Foam in it yesterday and it didn't do anything. I don't have anymore cash to put into it, so I gotta let her go. I'm asking $1,600 just cuz I gotta pay off what I owe for repairs. Its primed white and all it needs is paint. Had oil change and tune up recently. Salvage Title I have pink slip in hand. 6x,xxx miles on her. Need to let her go to get a car. I'm located in SoCal Near Los Angeles. Call/Text me if interested 818-437-4893

Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 PM

wow 60k on the clock... thats the most ive seen on a bike

Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear ya. Mine was driving me nuts and was scouting for new carbs on Ebay before i finally figured out the flat spot (air flow problem). Was something simple to bypass too.

It can get frustrating at times, I know. Keep plugging at her while you're trying to sell her. You might find what's wrong.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:23 PM

i know its really frustrating, and i've been in your shoes many times. i had 2 cars i bought (a year apart from each other) and worked on them and got frustrated and lost interest and sold them. turned out on the first one all it needed was a new a arm (simple fix)... the other just needed drive axles put in and a new clutch (also, very simple)... and i still see them from time to time on the street and i wish i had them back! i also had an 89 kawi ex500 that i paid cheap money for and i couldnt get it to run. i let it sit for months and months and was about to sell it and found out it was a bad petcock, vacuum was getting in. a 17 dollar part, and it fired right up and ran beautiful. i rode it for a year after that before selling it to upgrade to a bigger bike.

im in the same boat as you right now too, my f3 will not run right, and ive been down the checklist twice for the common problems. but ive convinced myself not to sell it this time.. even if I have to let it sit till i get the courage back up, i'm keeping it.

hopefully you will find the problem soon, and it will be a reliable bike for you. if not, goodluck on the sell.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 PM

Well after cooling down I'm having second thoughts, but the last time I had a problem with the oil cooler so I took it to Honda and the mechanic told me that the bike had been ridden hard and that the next thing to get messed up will be the oil pump and that the bike was not worth it. I should just get it running and sell it. But the problem is that I don't have any cash laying around to get another ride. So I'm undecided. I'm not mechanically inclined but some said that I should use this bike to learn about bikes. I don't know what else to check for that might be the problem, any suggestions will help

Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by murdocity
Well after cooling down I'm having second thoughts, but the last time I had a problem with the oil cooler so I took it to Honda and the mechanic told me that the bike had been ridden hard and that the next thing to get messed up will be the oil pump and that the bike was not worth it. I should just get it running and sell it. But the problem is that I don't have any cash laying around to get another ride. So I'm undecided. I'm not mechanically inclined but some said that I should use this bike to learn about bikes. I don't know what else to check for that might be the problem, any suggestions will help

cheer up.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by murdocity
I'm not mechanically inclined but some said that I should use this bike to learn about bikes. I don't know what else to check for that might be the problem, any suggestions will help
Dude i used to be a special case in automotive stuff before i got my first bike. I mean i knew a little bit like how to change oil and what some stuff did. But now after 4 months of owning my F2 i know a good damn bit about em. I bought a clymer manuel and started reading on my downtime. Spend a little time really getting into it. You wont regret it. But if you do sell it ask for 2 grand cause people are always trying to talk you down. So if your saying its yours for 2k and they say how about 1.7 k since it has problems. BAM just made the money you need and then some. I hope it all works out for you though.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 PM

Wish you werent quite so far from me in cali Murdo or i would help you figure it out. Have you pulled the carbs out and really cleaned them like crazy yet?

Blake

Old 10-30-2009, 12:06 PM

I'm planning on doing work this weekend. I'm gonna clean all the hoses and see I that's the problem, if not then I gonna give it a try at the carbs. But I got a hunch it might be hoses or air filter or vents. thanks for looking out, blakesgst

Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck man! Keep your head up...

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling my F3