CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

is there anything else I should do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there anything else I should do?

Hi guys this is my first-bike-winter project 1996 f3 and I am mechanically inclined...this is what I am doing..first getting rid of all dirt and rust (polish) around the engine, all broken fairings gone, new ebc clutch kit and cable, throttle cables, choke cable,new water and fuel pump, new fuel and cooling lines,new sparks, full carbs cleaning,new engine oil and filter,cooling syst drained, air filter,brake pads,new carbs insulators,wheels and steering new bearings everything else seems ok.. I have never done a valves job.....

so you guys have a lot of experience in this kind of bikes and since I have everything a part....what else should I do to give my bike a new beginning?

any suggestions highly appreciated.......Ivan L.A

HERE THERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE CLEANING PROCESS!!

Attached Thumbnails is there anything else I should do?-100_2992.jpg   is there anything else I should do?-100_2956.jpg   is there anything else I should do?-100_3002.jpg   is there anything else I should do?-100_3000.jpg   is there anything else I should do?-100_2998.jpg  

Last edited by elivancho; 11-30-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:43 PM

chain in good shape? i assume you are going to sync the carbs when you clean them..? might as well get new plug wires while you dumping money into the bike? not sure if i saw fuel filter in the list.. damn this is gonna get expensive

Old 11-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would suggest new valve seals if the motor is off for that little extra compression.

EBC clutch is all right. Way too much pull unless you are racing and need that extra grip. Honda OEM clutch is nice enough to tool around town with. EBC clutch is like a 530 chain, not very forgiving when over down-shifting. At least wear out the OEM first. I hold wheelies with my OEM clutch with no slippage.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM

yes I am putting the fuel pump..synch the carbs I do not have the equipment neither do I know how to do it....not that much money...is the labor!!!!!
Thank you!!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by underground-mpyre
I would suggest new valve seals if the motor is off for that little extra compression.

EBC clutch is all right. Way too much pull unless you are racing and need that extra grip. Honda OEM clutch is nice enough to tool around town with. EBC clutch is like a 530 chain, not very forgiving when over down-shifting. At least wear out the OEM first. I hold wheelies with my OEM clutch with no slippage.

ok..I will go with the OEM clutch and for the valve seals I have never done that job...I can check it out anyway!!
Thank you

Old 11-30-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by colorado_steve
chain in good shape? i assume you are going to sync the carbs when you clean them..? might as well get new plug wires while you dumping money into the bike? not sure if i saw fuel filter in the list.. damn this is gonna get expensive
Yes the chain is in good shape so are the sprokets,,I do not know how to sync the carbs neither do I have the equipment..
Thank you

Old 12-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned

all sounds good to me. def. check all that you can while its apart. you cant sync the carbs while the motor is out of the bike you need to put it back together after you get all done and just take it to a shop. i recomend any parts unlimited shops that might be in your area you can bargin with them people you cant bargin with a dealer shop. you will be surprised on how much you can save by talking to them. i get my metzeler m3's for 100 a piece with free mounting and balance just by talking to them and reasure them if they hook you up you will be making them your perminent dealer in bike parts. that usualy gets the ball a rolling.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you Google a bit you'll find a couple plans for homemade sync tools. They won't be as accurate as one you can buy. But you will get results close enough for how we ride our bikes.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

yeh i had mine done with the murcury style syncros they charged me 50 bucks to do it at parts unlimited came out great. but whatever works for everyone. they sell the dial synchros on ebay for 39-50 if you want to do it yourself over the years.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can make a fairly accurate sync tool for less than $10 with 2 mason jars, 2 rubber stoppers, some rubber tubing and a liquid.