CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

tank bags

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tank bags

I just bought a 95 F3 and I just wanted to know if anyone has used a tank bag and what you would say about them. The good vs bad and want one to buy thanks

Old 12-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tank bags

Depends of wot you intend to do with them, I've got some friends who have em, when we go for week-end rides, their piled high & me thinks they look a little in the way, however they swear by them, Don't go for magnetic type ones as they do move around, get a bag that can be easily removed out of the way for putting fuel in. Some of the pads on them are better than others for leaving nice little swirls in the paint. I have a rack fitted to my bike & I use a bag system that allows me to zip another bag to it (one facing the seat & the other on the rack) so I can carry a reasonable amount of gear without any wukkin furries. I also have a "Bagster" colour matched leather tank cover, which I got for paint protection, but their designed to incorporate a range of tank bags that just clip on to them. Personally I don't like tank bags. If you don't carry a pillion, think about a seat bag (same set up as a tank bag)

Old 12-16-2007, 03:01 AM

i dont know much about them but im thinkin bout getting one as well. a magnetic one. ive got a buddy i ride with that has one and he loves it.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 AM

I have a Phillips Lockhart magnetic one. It's not as huge and tall as some, and since I use my bike a lot for commuting to work and visiting job sites, and almost all my trips are 'to' somewhere instead of just out for a ride, I swear by it. It's great to have somewhere to stash a lightweight bike cover, sneakers or shoes so I'm not wearing my riding boots all day, my disk lock, and a notebook, camera, sandwich, or whatever else I'll need at my destination.

Mine definitely doesn't get in the way, and if I'm highway cruising I can just rest my chest on the bag.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Old 12-16-2007, 08:26 PM

On my F3 I used the ICON small tank bag, it worked great. Had plenty of room and was held on my magnets so it was easy to put on and take off.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:40 PM

I have had a tank bag on my last bike and I loved it. It was great for putting little things in and my bag expanded if I needed a little extra room for something and went back to the smaller size with the tug of a zipper. It also converted to a backpack or carry bag if I had overnight clothes or went into a mall and picked something up. Never an inconvenience when you've got a tank bag. The look if something you either like, dislike or it doesn't matter. Try looking at soft saddle bags if you need more space or prefer the look of a 'clutterless tank'. Hope this helps.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:00 AM

I have a magnetic one and it doesn't move at all! It's large enough to fit stuff for a day ride etc. I will also use a back pack cargo netted onto the back seat if I am going for a weekend ride...the tank bag is usually enough for what I need though. Actually I quite like lying on it on the highway as it is pretty comfy.

I can't remember the make but it is something like 1st... it was like $50 or something so easy on the wallet. And it also has a storm cover so it has saved my cel phone and cash enough times to pay for itself several times over.

Dennis