CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Syncro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Syncro?

So I start of in 1st ya know... 1,000...2,000....3,000....and so on. So as long as I keep the rpms low i have no problem getting into 2nd but once I go up or past like 7,000 I cant get it into 2nd gear cause it just grinds ALOT. When I first got the bike it went into 2nd at all rpm ranges but then this happened and before I would just slip it into 2nd no prob. Now it feels like I am almost hitting 1st-N-2nd. Like it feels like I hit Neutral before I hit 2nd gear. Its really hard to explain but its like I can feel the bike pushing past neutral before it goes to 2nd. its wierd. And there was also this one time when Istartedoff in 1st and there was a big hill infront of me so I slipped it into Neutral and I justcoasted down the hill. Well at the bottom of the hill I was going... I dont know 35 maybe and I tried to slip it into 2nd so I could start accelerating but it did that grinding thing again so? I hope that helps give you anidea of whats happening.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Hershey

I dont really see how checking the carbs and valves has anything to do with shifting gears.

When you say you cant get into second, does it leave first and get stuck in neutral?

And yeahI quess instead of going into 2nd gear it almost wants to go into neutral and no matter how hard I push up it grinds and wont let me into 2nd.... again its only at high rpm's

Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This on the rare occasion happens to me also, but I get stuck in neutral, then I have to try to pull it up really hard into second otherwise it grinds.

I think you just need to be more firm with it, but also check your chain, if the chain is worn out and loose that will affect your shifts (1st to 2nd is the hardest shift because you have to pass through neutral, there's basically a big gap between first and second so you have to pull up harder)

Just an FYI, it's not the best idea to coast down a hill in neutral, just go up a gear and let it roll, if you get stuck in neutral while you're moving you have to match the engine RPM with your speed. For example, your bike is rolling 35 mph and your engine is idling at 1200 RPM... well in second gear at 35mph your engine would be at a higher RPM, so dropping it into 2nd at 35mph makes your engine and transmission have to catch up really fast!

So, if you absolutely have to do that, give your throttle a "blip" (a quick blast of fuel) to get it up to driving RPM just before you put it in gear, either that or hold it at like 4,000 RPM then put it in gear.

Hope that helps, I just kind of rambled on there.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:00 PM

You may want to adjust your clutch and shift lever.Sounds like it's not "lining up".

Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 PM

How about the clutch isit adjusted properly?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 PM

I have no idea if its ajusted right. I mean really is it probably a good idea to pay some money and take it to a shop to be diagnosed? I mean the grinding is what I hate cause I know I am screwing stuff up. Do tranny's on bikes usually have problems?