Someone please buy thisss!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wowzzaaaaaa

Old 11-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not really but I use to work at a Honda dealership so I know that much as far as them storing inventory. I have a buddy thats got a 2001 929 mint condition that has 100 miles on it and he bought it new in 2002. So could be just an individual person??

Old 11-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to hazzard a guess here....The bike was private owned or bought by a company for advertising or somthing like that..... at some point it was knocked over.....it struck the floor hard or was hit and knocked over into somthing that severley damaged one or 2 pieces of the fairing. it was sold to a ebay bike dealer and they bought replacment parts from a honda dealer, made the repairs to get top dollar return on the investment. I would guess it truley has just 1 mile on it. But climate cotrol wont help the rubber seals in the carbs, the tires, seals (as mentioned). Of course, it is a Honda. New tank of high test and a good battery and it may just run, handle and function like a brand new (by 98 standards) CBR600.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
Pretty specific situation there your mentioning but I doubt that. Dealerships try not to store anything they dont have to!
actually I think that was the story behind these two bikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvmnS...layer_embedded

If I had the cash and it could be certified that the bike was brand new with zero miles, I'd get it.

Crate it up for another 15 years and then see who wants it for 2x the price

Old 11-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
actually I think that was the story behind these two bikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvmnS...layer_embedded

If I had the cash and it could be certified that the bike was brand new with zero miles, I'd get it.

Crate it up for another 15 years and then see who wants it for 2x the price
I could see that on some "rare"er bikes like those but an F3?? Looks like they work on and sell Harleys too??? Its not a Honda dealership. I stand by my statements. They dont store anything past a year or two.