CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Somehow I power wheelied today. :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somehow I power wheelied today. :D

I've tried time and time again to get this thing to come up but to no avail. I haven't tried since I got my new chain and sprocket a couple months ago. I went +2 on the rear so I'm assuming this has helped. Anyways, I was leaving workand in first gear. Not sure what rpms I was at, but I'm guessing @ 8k from the sound. I blipped the throttle and when the front forks compressed I cranked it and it came right up! I was so excited LOL!!!! I only did it that one time. I still don't think it will come up in 2nd though. Oh well I don't need to be doing that **** anyways, hehehehe!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Somehow I power wheelied today. :D

should the f3's not be able to power wheelie with stock gearing? mine has stock gearing and it'll get up in first hard and get super light in second with stock gearing? maybe it's not as stock as i had thought :]

Old 05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned

I can get my stock F3 up in third... I don't do power wheelies, either.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr600f3DD

should the f3's not be able to power wheelie with stock gearing? mine has stock gearing and it'll get up in first hard and get super light in second with stock gearing? maybe it's not as stock as i had thought :]
I don't know, but mine wouldn't come up for **** when I had my stockers on. Not even in first gear, which surprised me. And I don't like to clutch it, too much to chance with that.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 PM

yeh, i'm scared to clutch mine, too. i've seen too many videos of guys overdoing it and destroying their bikes. not for me. haha

Old 05-05-2008, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr600f3DD

yeh, i'm scared to clutch mine, too. i've seen too many videos of guys overdoing it and destroying their bikes. not for me. haha
One of my good buddies looped his bike right in front of me while clutching. I haven't done it since. I just figure if it won't come up with the throttle then it's not meant for me to wheelie this bike. I can wait till my next bike to be a stunta lol.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:40 PM

well, i guess if you do end up clutching it on this one, you'll wreck it and have your 'stunta' ha. then it'll look like mine >D

Old 05-06-2008, 06:39 AM

Mine comes up in 2nd pretty easy.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I brought the front end up couple months ago when hitting the freeway. I was coming off the GW Parkway on a clover leaf like interchange onto 395. The on ramp is literally only like 20 feet long. I saw a hole in traffic as I was going through the curve. I dropped down a couple gears and right as the bike was leveling out, I was up on one wheel merging with traffic. I had to put the front end back down because I was catching up with traffic too quickly. There was a van that passed by and a couple of kids were in the back giving me two thumbs up . The one thing about using the clutch is it SOOOOOO rough on the clutch.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Mooseknuckle

Mine comes up in 2nd pretty easy.
That would be sweet! Consider yourself lucky.

Quick Reply: Somehow I power wheelied today. :D