CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

should i go for this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i go for this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230078648160

i talked to the guy... met up with him...and saw the bike personally..

the history... he bought it from his bro in law.. had it for 2 years... he got it at 26,000 and said he probably rode it for 1000miles in those 2 years.... but the odo stopped working...
seems like a nice chap....

his bro in law laid it down in his drive way... >5mph fall... so the front fairing is cracked... and nothing else... few scrapes from the fall.
the chain seemed somewhat rusty.... from when i saw it... but it was too dark to tell... there is some rust on the pipe... that he said can be easily removed with rust remover.

he rarely rides it.. and the bike never gives him trouble... he didnt touch it for 3 weeks... and he started it up for the first time to come and see me... and it fired right up... no problem

he said a full tank will last him 200miles when ridden hard.

he hasnt changed the tire ever since he bought it... and it looks to have a good 50% thread left in it...

the rust on the pipe was caused from leaving it outside since he has no garage....

---

he said he will let it go for me 1900-2000$ should i go for it?

i need to know by tommorow morning... if it needs any work, .. i dont mind putting in another up too300-400 in it... as long as that work will garentee me a long lasting bike that wont break down on me... and can be pushed.

i realy want a second opinion on this.... im an 18year old noob that wants to learn how to ride *knows how to ride a 1100cc cruiser.*... and dont wanna buy another bike for atleast a year min... unless i total it.

and the guy will not budge from 2000... and is very iffy on 1900... im gonnna try 1950.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: should i go for this?

most likely you will want to put a new chain on n new tires the tires may look good but are they safe ? they could be dry rotted from just sittin there so long especially if not put on a stand . at that mileage i say 1500 -1700 depending . just keep lookin man you will find a better deal , n you will want to do a full tune up so u can keep the records for yourself if n when u try to sell the bike .