CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

shinko tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shinko tires

Has anyone tried out the shinko tires ? I was thinking on getting a set. If so what series do you run? Thanks.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 PM

I've had a set of the advance 005's since 2009. Pretty good tire can't really speak for wet weather cause I normally leave it in the garage during the rain but I don't have any complaints in dry weather. I have put around 7k on them. Tread is still pretty deep but there is some slight cupping on the front tire

Old 12-29-2011, 09:37 AM

when i had my cbr1000f i had shinko Ravens on mine and they were awesome. Price was great as well. Never had a slipping issue and they always gripped well in the corners. They were very good in wet weather as well.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by herbcbr1000f
when i had my cbr1000f i had shinko Ravens on mine and they were awesome. Price was great as well. Never had a slipping issue and they always gripped well in the corners. They were very good in wet weather as well.
Have you sold her?
What you riding now?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
Have you sold her?
What you riding now?
I traded it back in July for a 94 mustang gt for a winter car. Right now I dont have a bike but am saving pennies for a cbr1000rr. Also saving pennies for a wedding and also a new little one on the way. Becoming a family man BUt I am for sure looking for a bike for the spring. we are moving soon so i will have a garage to store a bike in now.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Good shout Herb. I just have missed that transformation last summer.
Hope all works out well. Good luck with your search for a new ride, and becoming a father.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i run shinko 009's i believe.
great tires, especially for rain/weather.
i even see guys use them to drag since they are so cheap.
i find a pair of them for 130~ shipped all the time

Old 01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

I've been using the Shinko Podium 006's for a bit. I bought them because they were inexpensive. Since the wife and I were putting 10K miles a year on our bikes, tires were expensive (still are). They seem to perform ok and certainly last a good while. I don't think that they (the Podium's) handle as well when going into corners. The shape of the profile of the tire doesn't give the kind of feedback that I'm used to when turning into corners. I've used Pirelli Diabalo's and Dunlop Qualifiers and I think they're much better in corners in how they "feel". Naturally "feel" is subjective though and hard to put a finger on.

I need a set of tires for my 1000F right now, so I'm considering the Continental Conti Motion Sport. I've used Continentals many years ago, and they look like a decent tire. They have a tread pattern similar to the Dunlops, but more cost effective.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I've been using the Shinko Podium 006's for a bit. I bought them because they were inexpensive. Since the wife and I were putting 10K miles a year on our bikes, tires were expensive (still are). They seem to perform ok and certainly last a good while. I don't think that they (the Podium's) handle as well when going into corners. The shape of the profile of the tire doesn't give the kind of feedback that I'm used to when turning into corners. I've used Pirelli Diabalo's and Dunlop Qualifiers and I think they're much better in corners in how they "feel". Naturally "feel" is subjective though and hard to put a finger on.

I need a set of tires for my 1000F right now, so I'm considering the Continental Conti Motion Sport. I've used Continentals many years ago, and they look like a decent tire. They have a tread pattern similar to the Dunlops, but more cost effective.
I was told several years ago that the Michelin Pilot Powers were some of the best tires you can get for the money, but they seem to fall in the "feel" category of the shinkos. I'm sure in corners they might outperform with PP's dual compound, but I have yet to test that theory.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

I'd love to get the Michelin PP 2CT's, but they're just not in the budget. They don't last long enough and they're about $60 per set more expensive. And that's not including installation. Luckily I do that myself.

Quick Reply: shinko tires