CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Sea Foam

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Foam

Ok guys here is the question.... Some people swear by this stuff... some people hate this stuff... some people put it in their gas...some people put it in thier a$$... haha no... some people put it in their oil before a change(a day or two)... some people put it in thier carbs....SEA FOAM... what is your take???

Also i wanted to use it in my car because she is an old clunker...

I want to use it as not only a fuel stabilizer, but also a (gunk remover) i want to add it to my gasoline... some say not to add it directly to the carbs because it takes all the junk in the carbs and puts it into the cylinders... soo if i slowly burn it in my gas.. will that do anything better...besides cleaning the injectors and crap...
Also i was thinking of adding it to my engine oil for a day or two and then changing it... it sounds a little scary to me but i would probably add it to my gas first and let a full tank run through...

What i want to know is.... what is the difference between gumout, stp, and all the generic stuff compaired to seafoam??? If i can buy a bottle of the other crap for $1 why buy something for $5 that i have to find at some special store.

I know this stuff is not a POWER ADDITIVE it is a cleansing additive and therefore revives the engine to its origional state (or at least "remove" some time)... it makes rpms run higher, idle better, run smoother... and so on... anyways let me know what you guys think and what way is the best to run it into my F3... gas, carbs, vaccum line, oil???? thanks

Take a look at thier website... its pretty good info.... www.seafoamsales.com

Old 03-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Default RE: Sea Foam

i have a can of seafoam sitting at home, and was also wondering whats the best way for the F3 to take it in??

most of the people i talked to about it, said they loved it and it did help.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

if i remember right there was a big debate on here about this very topic, if i can find it ill post the link but its late and im tired lol also imo i have never used it but have seen it 1st hand on a buddies integra and i think it works good

Old 03-14-2007, 02:50 PM

I ran it in my gas. No complaints. Didnt notice anything but Im sure it worked somehow, **** will take paint off a battleship.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 AM

Ok... so i used it in my car...... 96 honda accord...
Gas-5 oz
Oil- 5 oz
Break booster line- 5 oz

So far...... i ran it in the booster line first and it was the usual... smoke show after a 15 minute wait.... ran it for a while... then let is sit overnight ran it hard again until the smoke stopped... just drove it for 20 minutes.
I noticed increased throttle response, smoother acceleration and sounded better.

I put it in the gas... no real "magic" there but who cares i guess... run it in the booster if you want results!! run it in the gas if you want to clean the lines and pump and junk.... i suggest it i'm just saying you wont really see the results like you will with the booster hose.

Today i had to take a trip 300 miles or so... i put the remaining 5oz in the oil.... checked the color of the oil before the trip and put it on a piece of cloth.... dumped in the5 oz and ran it for about 5 min... just to get things stirred up... let it sit for an hour or so and then off to the races.. and then back again.... upon returning i checked the oil again... Noticably darker from the sludge and carbon and crap in the oil.... side by side test pretty darn good considering it had only been in there for 5 hours... ok soo heres the deal, i run mobil 1 in my car.. i will do an oil change this week with crap oil, add 5 oz of seafoam, change it in 1000 miles or less and see how dirty it is... i am anxious to see the crap in this oil change at the bottom of the pan... all the oil i checked was from the dipstick.... interesting!!!

so anyways back to my bike.... i put a couple ounces ofseafoaminto my gas after i siphoned the yellow crappy gas out that had sat in it all winter, with 92 octane and today i started it and it was smoking white smoke so i believe it sat in the carbs a while and started to do its work.... so i would say for the F3 so far i believe that the gas is the way to go... unless there is a vacuum hose somewhere that i can use to put it directly into the injectors and into the cylinders... cuz with the gas comes a bit of smoke, that doesnt go away, with the vacuum hose at least it goes away after you're done... anyways let me know what you guys think and i'll post up some pix maybe of the car stuff. cya thanks

Old 03-18-2007, 05:33 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

if you really want to see a difference tear down your head and do before and afters that way you can get a better understanding of how it works. and yes im aware that this is a much more complicated procedure than i make it sound but if you really want to see teh results then its what you have to do , or just be satisfied with the SOP results

Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 AM

Hey guys.. i want to use this stuff in my vacuum line but i cant find it and dont know if it even has one... i used it in the gas and it works amazingly man!!! soo let me know what you guys think. thanks

Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 AM

if there is a pep boys around you they should have it... i work there so i know that they are suppose to stock it!

i used it and didn't notice any difference. but i had no problems with idle, smoke, or anything else

Old 03-21-2007, 06:58 AM

haha i see that you read the question wrong... but i think i could have worded it better.i have the seafoam but i am looking for the vacuum hose to suck it into the engine... i dont know where it is or which line it is... if you can help me that would be great thanks guys

Old 03-22-2007, 12:43 AM

Ok Funny Story time!!!!! No Sh*t there i was... i had taken off the ferings and the gas tank and the air filter... I HAD FOUND THE CARBS!!! i wanted to use some seafoam in the carbs so it would get rid of any varnish or gummed up crap.... so i pour it in while its running.. like u are supposed to.... and it dies... like its supposed to.. everything was chill until i started it up outside my garage at 9 p.m. i had to throttle it to get it running and boy oh boy did it start!!!! with a huge *** bang from the far right carb!!!! i mean loud!!! i was right next to it so i thought it was probably just me freaking out cuz it was late, but my neighbors started coming out and my mom came into the garage and people were turning on their porch lights... anyways just if you plan on doing this treatment it only takes about an hour to get it all done... but dont do it at night when you could make a really loud noise!! hahah cya guys

Quick Reply: Sea Foam