anyone use it on there f3 if so do u recommend it ? pros n cons if any

Old 12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: reusable oil filter

Link. Never heard of one...

Old 12-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Researched. They say they are better than paper and use a stainless steel core. It does not say how they are to be cleaned...

Old 12-12-2006, 03:24 PM

Better than paper?? Not likely. The reusable claims to filter down to 35 microns. Most paper elements filter down to 20 microns. How can they claim better performance??

Here's my take...

A re-usable filter costs, at least, $100. I buy my filters for $6 and change my oil and filter every 4k miles. So I would have to have 17 oil changes and 68k miles to break even. Will you have the bike for that long????? (or will your older bike even last that long???) I sold my F3 at 78k miles. But that's with me knowing every in and out of that engine because I bought the bike new. Chances are, you are not in that situation.

IMHO, the worse filtration alone is reason for me not to buy it.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Banned

I don't know why you would want to reuse an oil filter - even if it's a "reusable."

It's like what, $7 for a new one? Hmm, I know which one I'll buy.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it is more expensive but you're forgetting that you also save the environment from additional oil filters that would otherwise be tossed! and that my friends, is immeasurable!

Old 12-12-2006, 10:38 PM

I totally agree, why reuse a filter, if it did it's job just replace it, it's going to clog and know matter how hard you try to completely clean it out there will always be alittle dirt or debris left behind. My recomendation to everyone is, change your oil and filter more regularly, and just stick with the basics. No oil filter in the world is going to give you any type of additional horsepower performance, but if you always keep clean oil in your bike it will always perform at its' best.
Just my 2 cents

Old 12-13-2006, 02:15 AM

i was just wondering if anyone had it n if they saw a difference performance wise like the bike ran cooler or something .

Old 12-13-2006, 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: pointman

i was just wondering if anyone had it n if they saw a difference performance wise like the bike ran cooler or something .
A filter shouldn't affect performance at all, nor should it affect the operating temp. It is to filter out impurities in the oil. I would worry about a reusable filter clogging up an not filtering properly. You probably wouldn't even know that its not filtering properly, but it could affect engine longevity over time if it stopped filtering. Its not a gamble I plan on taking.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:23 AM

Why take the risk if the paper ones are so cheap and work so well.Anyway.. have you heard of anything more biodegradable then paper If you realy feel so strongly about the inviroment get them recycled!

Super bikes aren't suppose to be good for the environment else they would have had peddles!

I should watch my back for those green peace folks

Quick Reply: reusable oil filter