CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Redzintimidator's "Guinea Pig" Hong Kong Fairing Review!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redzintimidator's "Guinea Pig" Hong Kong Fairing Review!

why get rid of the pipe? i like it...
the dunlop tires are good enough..unless you lock up the back tire like i did in september and caused me to wreck my perfect f3....
they grip well in the corners

Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered Users

No doubt the vance is better then none, i got lucky and obtained a two brothers for cheap so i put it on, makes a much prettier noise...as far as the dunlop's go maybe its just me but myself and my best friend went down on those same tires...dont know how curvy things are up there but amongst my homies dunlop's are the devil[:'(] i had two set's they wore funny, first front started to bubble up just to the sides of the center, that sent me on a tumble through my first intersection. Second front got an issue called scalloping, the tread was wearing in an odd fasion causing a speed wobble between 45-65, sent me doing a "helicopter" through my second intersection. the rear wore out sooo fast /-\ flat i didnt knwo what to do with myself thought it was me, I put a set of m-1's thought i was in heaven, same wear on the back but much better life out of the front, had it till it was bald never slipped on me, Im working on m-3's favorite by far wear is going slow and the grip is best ive felt yet....sorry for the novel[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 02-18-2008, 06:38 AM

Just curious if you wish you had your old fairings then put them put them back on. And I hope for the money you spent the fairings don't melt during the summer. Good luck.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:20 AM

naa didnt do that..i wrecked in september and scratched most of them up.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:20 AM

Well, if heat does become a problem. You could buy some heat tape and wrap your exhaust pipes! If I were to get new fairings, I'd think about wraping up my pipes! Just a thought. Looks good Redz!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 AM

That is always an idea, but the thing there is heatwrap makes the exhaust pipes crack. When i was building my turbo project for my car there was a risk of cracking my wrapped manifold. But id rather the glowing red manifold heat left through the exhaust pipe rather than boiling the paint on the hood of my car.

Heat wrap is always an idea, i dont know if the heat from the exhaust and or the heat from the engine as well will be a problem.

if i see any sign of warpage i will definatly get som heat wrap on there immediatly.
I think this weekend i will take a can of black spray paint to the lower purple and yellow part of the tank just for ****s n giggles. It should look much better. Hopefully after that i wont be so bummed out about missing my old fairings

Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 AM

Yeah, thats true. But you can always just wrap it where its closest to the fairings.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Ok, they look decent, I just order two set the Seven Star and Smokin Joe. Not the same seller, but I hope it works out anyway. Instead of repaint my tank, I was going to wrap it in black vinly or leather. Easier and faster than sanding, priming and taking for painting.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:06 PM

the black vinyl would work out pretty good me thinks...

Old 02-18-2008, 05:19 PM

The 7S kit is pretty sick...that's the design I'm going with on my bike but I don't think I will be ordering the kits from hong kong...all the ones I've seen have been garbage and it's just to much money to be throwing down the drain...I'd raher see you guys go to airtech and spend 600 on a smoking joe's kit that you know will work.

Quick Reply: Redzintimidator's "Guinea Pig" Hong Kong Fairing Review!