CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Redzintimidator's "Guinea Pig" Hong Kong Fairing Review!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redzintimidator's "Guinea Pig" Hong Kong Fairing Review!

My all the way driving to the post office to pick up my "very large parcel", i was estatic. I couldnt contain my excitement. I walked in and they threw this box up on the counter. "That is it"? Thinking there were more boxes, but that was all. After deciphering the chineese packing slip, i signed and i was on my merry way. Now the whole drive home i kept thinking: what if they sent me the wrong ones? What if they are ****?. So i got home and stumbled upstairs with a fairly large box, got into my room and shut the door. Here i am now typing this.(well after i opened the box of course.) After sieving through the contents of crushed styrofoam, that icky packing fabric type stuff, i got everything out and started the initial inspection.
WOW!
That is all i can say. And thatsa good wow. The initial reaction is just my amazement that these pieces may actually be high quality. The finish on them is great, the design is amazing, and it doesnt even say that gay "Power of Preams" rip off thing the pictures said it would. All the mounting points to the tail fairings are in place and all but the two mounting holes on the center tail fairings are drilled. This is not going to be as much of a modification as i was expecting.
As of now, the fairings are strewn about my room with pieces of styrofoam all over the place. Here are some initial pictures before i go into the garage to start the mount up. I hope to god that goes smoothly. I will be posting updates in random intervals of the mount up, unless either i get too pissed off at it to post up, or i am so excited about how great it is going to post up. But i will definatly take pictures throughout the procedure. So bear with me.

Anywho, here are the initial pictures:

Old 02-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Default RE: Redzintimidator's "Guinea Pig" Hong Kong Fairing Review!

cool man keep us updated i amy get a set of these things go good with yours .im excited as if its my bike

Old 02-16-2008, 01:02 PM

Ok, well the install is going allright. They are not as easy as installing the stock fairings but i would say it is going pretty smoothly. I got the uppers mounted no problem, Just have to drill out some of the holes a little bigger so the screws sink in like they should. There are some slight allignment issues with the upper fairings and the inner fairings, not a big deal though.( and im a perfectionist).
Here is a list of things that are not perfect so far:
1. Holes need to be drilled bigger.
2.Inner/upper fairing allignment
3. Tail fairing mounts slightly off * just bend the mounts on the frame.*

Old 02-16-2008, 02:34 PM

Ok, everythings togeather. All in all it looks great! Although i still wish i still had my old fairings...this bike was perfect! but i can deal with this for now til i get a new one in a few years. I just need to get the tank painted in the spring then im all set to roll.
The worst part is the tail. It doesnt line up all too well, and there are holes for the spoiler that comes on the euro models.

Yes, the snow sucks ***!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 PM

did you take that thing in the mud at one point? the tires look all muddy, and i see some splatter on the brake light...lol! I wanna try wheeling on my f3!!:-P

Old 02-16-2008, 05:00 PM

lol..naa..i had it out a few weeks ago before the snow hit and it was muddy.

Ill get it all cleaned up when it gets warm..pressure washer here i come!
cant wait to get the tank painted..it will look so much better

Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 PM

ok these seem pretty decent!!! My question is which seller on ebay did you buy from? I'm buying some from Mung88 and hope they are of the same quality.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:54 PM

definitely post some pics once you get the tank painted! i wanna see the finished product. And i heard that some of the HK fairings melt from the engine heat...you run your bike with them on or see that problem?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 PM

The seller i got them from was "MC-9238". The quality of the finish is great, but im not sure about the quality of the plastic. It IS thinner than stock, so im not sure as to how they will hold up to heat. As for the tank, i cant wait til its painted too. i might do it myself i have some skills in that department. I ran my bike upto temp and let it sit for 10 mins running at temp, no problems with melting then...but well see when summer hits.
soo..next weekend im drilling for my sliders, re working the tail fairings to see if i can get it to mount better, and just gettin the rest of it alligned perfectly. I really hope they grow on me...i still wish i had my old fairings. maybe in a little while i will love this set.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered Users

Looks good! but you gotta do something about that vance and hines! I had one...it sits under dust in my basement, and if i were you i'd get rid of them dunlop's befor they make you buy a new set of fairings.

Quick Reply: Redzintimidator's "Guinea Pig" Hong Kong Fairing Review!