CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   Ram air issues... Not looking forward to this fix (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/ram-air-issues-not-looking-forward-fix-152876/)

removebeforeflight 10-12-2014 09:27 AM

Ram air issues... Not looking forward to this fix

So, upon try to budge some stuff around I managed to pop the elbows for my main ram air intake off last night. I threw them to the side and went to bed, lol. Am I going to have to drop the engine to get this rectified? I just got done two weeks ago putting this bike back together and I would prefer not to have to drop the engine again.

sjona2011 10-12-2014 10:17 AM

are you talking about the two elbows going into the airbox?
if so then there is no need to drop the engine, just need a heat gun and a little patience to get them back in.

removebeforeflight 10-12-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by sjona2011 (Post 1282223)
are you talking about the two elbows going into the airbox?
if so then there is no need to drop the engine, just need a heat gun and a little patience to get them back in.

yeah, where does the heat gun come into play?

sjona2011 10-12-2014 05:22 PM

to heat up the rubber, makes it a hell of alot easier to get them in.

removebeforeflight 10-12-2014 10:43 PM

So they don't require any type of sealant of any sort? just kind of make the rubber pliable and fit them in, they expand and seal up the connection?

sjona2011 10-14-2014 08:14 PM

sealant wouldnt hurt, when i did mine i didnt bother because it was a real tight fit.

Juliet 10-23-2014 08:40 AM

If you need any high resolution pictures of the routing and assembly of the whole DAI ram air system, let me know as I have taken many pictures of mine during strip downs etc...

Jules

McSilver 07-22-2015 07:52 AM

Hi All,
Allthough i do realise this is an older topic i am struggling getting the tubing back into place. Especially the way the tubes are fitted underneath the cockpit is a bit unclear to me. Now does the cockpit have to be removed to install the tubes or can it be done without removing it? I got the bike with all of the tubing taken off so i have no idea how it was originally fitted. After one of the members here on the site sent me the nice exploded view i realised the tubing was not fitted correct. but still it would help if someone could provide me with some pictures on this. Julliet stated she has some HR pics if needed but not sure how i can send a message to her as a PM so i drop this question in here hoping to hear from any of you..
So thanks in advance
McSilver / Frank.

McSilver 07-22-2015 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Juliet (Post 1282639)
If you need any high resolution pictures of the routing and assembly of the whole DAI ram air system, let me know as I have taken many pictures of mine during strip downs etc...

Jules

Well i could sure do with that since i bought the bike and only two weeks after that received a plastic bag with all sorts of tubes and connecters...
I worked out the general lay out but the cockpit area is still a mess...
so any visual help with this is highly appreciated.
And i wonder if the cockpit has to be removed in order to install or if this can be done without having to remove all of that..