CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

r/r replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default r/r replacement question

is it possible to wire up a r/r with 7 wires to our bike (5 wires)?

Old 10-03-2010, 03:02 PM

anyone??

Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

I believe so, but you'd need to know what the different wires did on the previous bike. Some have extra ground wires. Checking a wiring diagram from the bike it came off of would help you make that determination.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM

What it looks like to me is that the pos/neg are just doubled. The same other 3 wires should match fine, but on the new one there is 2 for pos and 2 for neg. what would be the best way to combine those?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:43 AM

So... anyone have input on this situation? I tried wiring it up with the two positive connected to my single positive, and the two grounds connected to my single ground -- and it seems to (somewhat) work as in it heats up as usual but my bike is still dying randomly. Sometimes sooner than others.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Can I skip one of the pos/ground? Am I not getting enough juice to the two wires from my single wires? I really dont want to have to get a new regulator would like to make this one work.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andyriot
So... anyone have input on this situation? I tried wiring it up with the two positive connected to my single positive, and the two grounds connected to my single ground -- and it seems to (somewhat) work as in it heats up as usual but my bike is still dying randomly. Sometimes sooner than others.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Can I skip one of the pos/ground? Am I not getting enough juice to the two wires from my single wires? I really dont want to have to get a new regulator would like to make this one work.
i would stick with 5 wires.
my 2c

Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
i would stick with 5 wires.
my 2c
except that I have one with seven wires to work with, i would need to purchase one with 5 wires. any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by andyriot; 10-31-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:33 PM

What kind of bike did your 7 wire R/R come off of? See if you could find the wiring diagram for the bike it came off and double check to make sure that you're right in assuming that the extra two wires are just extra positive a ground wires. If they are, you're current configuration is correct. If not, let me know what you find out about the other two wires and I'll try to help you from there.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderfella
What kind of bike did your 7 wire R/R come off of? See if you could find the wiring diagram for the bike it came off and double check to make sure that you're right in assuming that the extra two wires are just extra positive a ground wires. If they are, you're current configuration is correct. If not, let me know what you find out about the other two wires and I'll try to help you from there.
Its from a 05 GSXR 1000 I believe. I did look up what I could best find and that is what I believe to be true. There is the standard 3 interchangeable wires and then the power/ground doubled up (2 wires match each)

What I did was connect the two power from r/r and then connect that to the power from bike. Same with ground, connected the two, then connected to my bike. In theory it should work, but I dont know what else would be causing it to randomly die as such.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM

It seems that the way you have it wired now would be correct then.

Sorry if you posted your symptoms somewhere else on here, I haven't been on in forever. But if you could repost them as to what it does when it dies I'll try my best to help.

Quick Reply: r/r replacement question