CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

A question about Slip-On's

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts
Default A question about Slip-On's

When it comes to Slip-on exhaust systems, what do you like ? Why ? What don't you like ? Why ? Is it the look, sound, performance (real or imagined), fit and finish ? Maybe the price was such that you couldn't pass up. I'm removing a full V&H system from my wifes bike and going back to a factory exhaust with a slip-onl. I was wanting opinions (on the slip-on's, not that I'm putting the factory back on).

Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A question about Slip-On's

I like yosh and i know there good slip-ons cuz it came on my bike lol other then that IDK.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 PM

I've got a yosh and I like it, mostly for the sound. It's not insanely loud, but it still purrs. I don't like that it's stainless steel while the bike has no other "chrome" on it. A black or carbon fiber yosh would be sweet.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM

i like my vance and hines because theres no springs holding the can to the midpipe. It sounds allright, but it came on the bike so im not complaining. The stock cans look too much like...well..a rusty, old, dullcan

Old 04-08-2008, 12:50 PM

I have a Yoshi too...i like it alot! nice sound......i wouldnt mind something a little louder tho....like a D&D, that would be cool.

.....anyone have a D&D on there F3?......how loud is it compared to other pipes?

Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM

I can only speak for the Yosh that I've got; I love it. It's not too loud, but still has great sound. My old man has a Nomad w/Cobra pipes and they make the V-twin sound insane.

I know "loud pipes save lives," but I'm for a nice mellow and moderate sound...

So, again, I dig the Yosh.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:19 PM

I got a D&D on my f3 and i love it! It has a nice deep sound be not too loud.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 PM

I had a D&D and that thing was loud and annoying all the time. I put a Jardine on cuz the price was feasable and still has a nice rumble to it at idle. when WOT it roars, plus i really havent heard people with Jardine always YOSHI and D&D so i wanted to have something different.
Why are you changing the full system out?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. It looks like I'll just have to go down to some of the local hangouts and look and listen to some of them to see and hear what I like. I'm changing it out because with the full system, you gain in one area, but loose in another. The high end performance is nice, but my wife doesn't spend that much time up the ya know. She would rather have the low and mid range power that the stock exhaust provides. I'm sure I could take it to the local speed shop and have it dyno tuned. But in the long run it just won't be what she's looking for. I'm ok with what ever makes her happy. I'm telling you guys, I'm a lucky man and I know it. She wants to go riding every weekend, every Friday night. Sometimes on Tuesday or Wednesday to the local bike night at Hooters (someone wake me up here I'm dreaming).

edited for spelling.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:07 PM

You planning on selling the full system?

Quick Reply: A question about Slip-On's