CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

project almost done... kind of

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default project almost done... kind of

hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the forum. I've poked around here a few times looking for hints on my bikes problems. I love all the custom bikes everyone is doing here. some really creative stuff.
so I thought I would show you guys my custom F3.
The first pic is what it looked like when I bought the thing.Name:  aP2080018.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  128.0 KB It was a ex-race bike, which I know is a bad idea to begin with, but it's in really good shape considering. It had fiber glass race fairings (sold on ebay $$$) full hindle system (still have end can with mid pipe if anyone is interested) dyno jet kit, and tha'ts about it. No headlight, no tail light, turn signals, seat, kickstand safety switch, neutral safety switch. Lets just say there wasn't much of anything to make this thing road legal. So i decided if I was going to have to buy all kinds of lights and other things, and F3's look pretty dated by todays standards, Imight as well just spend a fortune on Ebay and make what I want my bike look like... here goes. let me know what you think.
Name:  aP4210011.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  116.3 KB
I started out small just wanting a gsxr healight and upper fairing. everything went crazy from there.
Name:  a5190026.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  151.2 KB 1000rr tail and subframe
Name:  aP8010160.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  162.3 KB 2003 R1 special edtion mid and lower fairings. Which also meant I had to modify the gsxr upper to meet the R1 fairings.
Name:  aP8200069.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  209.4 KB I had origionaly planned on reusing the hindle system, but that gave way to...
Name:  aP8090070.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  199.5 KB 2004 R1 exhaust... This is getting away from me a bit here. but I guess this is why it's been a 3 year project so far.
Name:  aP4050070.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  135.4 KB... and a modified swing arm, F4i rearsets, and an R1 kick stand. (the F3 stand wouldn't fit with the R1 fairings in the stock stand location)
Name:  aP8090078.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  191.5 KB so This is pretty much how it sits right now, cept a new tank (red) because the old one was very rusted inside.
Name:  aDSC_0023_3.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  98.2 KB.
So there a brief, overview of my bike mods so far. way too much more has been done and not too much more is to come. I'm finaly almost done! A new front end, not sure which yet, depends on what kind of deals I find on ebay. I need to make another ram air tube for the right side, new tires, mirrors, change all the fluids and filters, tune up the engine, paint it and git r done.
Thanks for looking at my bike, tell me what you think.
Matty

Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Default RE: project almost done... kind of

That is one hell-of-a mod job! I see where you modified the subframe,but am I seeing things or just trippin? It looks like your riding on the exhaust pipe! Also the swingarm, did you mod it for extra support or for looks? All in all, that is one serious mod job. Keep us in updated with pics.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 AM

WOW!! is all I can say, the name for you bike should be Frankenstein. Body and mechanical part from everywhere.
Can wait to see the final results.

Please keep us posted.

NICE!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Nice work so far. Defiantly one of a kind with all the different parts. I can't wait to see if when its all finished, it should look sweet!

Good work.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM

WOW! That looks like it's gonna be very sharp once it's all matching colors! That's some awesome work you have done. How the hell is that subframe supported? I'm not too familiar with the 1ks so I wouldn't know if they were suspended like that stock.

All in all, it looks great for what you have done! Will bring some serious pride and will turn the head of anyone that knows anything about sportbikes by being a blend most the major brands, but at least you were thinkin smart by keepin her a Honda at heart!

~Adam

Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 PM

thats crazy man...great job so far! You planning on powdercoating the frame at all...if you do the frame and swingarm that would look hott!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM

Wow... that is crazy. Nice work. That will sure turn heads.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice fab work. No one understands the work involved unless you've lived it. Nice job!!I like what you did on the tank in the first few pics, how come you changed it to a red tank at the last pic?? also unless you used some crazy beefy steel to the frame that subframe is going to start cracking at the frame once you start riding. Id triangulate it somewhere to help move the load off the welds at the front. also, and this is just from me doing the same thing on my own F3 project, it looks as if the gixxer front end is sitting much too high. When i originally did my bike mine was the same and i ended up dropping the fairings 1.5" and it looked 10000 times better. ok ok one last thing, how much weight did you add to that swingarm? wouldn't have been easier and lighter to use a 600rr swingarm?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

definitely gonna be a one of a kind. Looking good, keep us updated.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Its amazing that you have the skill to do all of that work! It looks good but I would have just saved the money and bought a newer bike bc at the end of the day its still and F3. Looks good so far, lloking forward to more pics

Quick Reply: project almost done... kind of