CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

plz help CBR F3 engine lock up? maybe???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz help CBR F3 engine lock up? maybe???

Okay, so pretty much this is what happened. My carbs have been acting like they where gummed up a little. The bike will kind of lose power or “stumble” when you hit between 4k and 6k RPM. So not wanting to take it to the shop I got on here and started looking up on things. People said seafoam is amazing, and from what I seen safe to use. So I went out and got some. I used the right amount like it said on the can 1oz to 1 gallon of gas. I added to the gas tank that was the only place. I then started the bike up, and it back fired a few times then started to run perfect idle was smooth just amazing. So I shut it down for the night, and the next morning “I live in Albany GA the temp outside was maybe 55 to 60” so like I said the next morning I got ready to leave for work went to start my bike up, and it turned over maybe 3times then just locked up. WTF. I don’t think it’s vapor lock because It’s not even turning over you can hit the starter, and you hear the fuel pump sending gas to the carbs but the engine doesn’t even try to turn over? Any ideas???

Old 11-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by shigga
Okay, so pretty much this is what happened. My carbs have been acting like they where gummed up a little. The bike will kind of lose power or “stumble” when you hit between 4k and 6k RPM. So not wanting to take it to the shop I got on here and started looking up on things. People said seafoam is amazing, and from what I seen safe to use. So I went out and got some. I used the right amount like it said on the can 1oz to 1 gallon of gas. I added to the gas tank that was the only place. I then started the bike up, and it back fired a few times then started to run perfect idle was smooth just amazing. So I shut it down for the night, and the next morning “I live in Albany GA the temp outside was maybe 55 to 60” so like I said the next morning I got ready to leave for work went to start my bike up, and it turned over maybe 3times then just locked up. WTF. I don’t think it’s vapor lock because It’s not even turning over you can hit the starter, and you hear the fuel pump sending gas to the carbs but the engine doesn’t even try to turn over? Any ideas???

Same thing happened with me. Give it a day or two and it should start up. Dont fret.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Thank God! I was thinking I was out a engine, and that would be my luck! lol I see you have the F4i gauges. was that a hard mod I've been looking into it but haven't really found any good info yet.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 PM

hey hootie im back up and running i got home from work and she fired right up

Old 11-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Thank God! I was thinking I was out a engine, and that would be my luck! lol I see you have the F4i gauges. was that a hard mod I've been looking into it but haven't really found any good info yet.

Glad to hear its running again. The gauge swap wasnt too hard. Making the bracket was the most difficult part because I dont know anyone that can machine metal for me. But there are a million ways and things to make the bracket out of. The wiring wasnt hard just time consuming and annoying.

Have you read the write up?

Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 PM

yeah, that's what I seem from that forum on here about it. maybe after my leftside fairings get here I'll start that next. what about your tail I've heard all you gotta do is heat the frame up and bend it up a little. idk then again I kinda like the tail it's got. guess I've got time to think about it lol.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same thing happened with me. Give it a day or two and it should start up. Dont fret.
I don't get it. I can't imagine what the wait would do to get it to turn over.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 PM

yeah, that's what I seem from that forum on here about it. maybe after my leftside fairings get here I'll start that next. what about your tail I've heard all you gotta do is heat the frame up and bend it up a little. idk then again I kinda like the tail it's got. guess I've got time to think about it lol.
Oh My tail is in no way close to a legit tail swap. When I bought it the person before me cut out the divider between the two seats, and slipped it over the f3 seat. It looks alright... pretty ghetto. I plan on doing the swap later this winter.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 AM

hey dude i di the f4i swap and there is a really good f4i gauge swap

http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/219055.aspx

i used that and i was golden and i even took a step further and put some blue leds in there it looks sick

Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I don't get it. I can't imagine what the wait would do to get it to turn over.
lol i know it blew me away too i was already looking at engines on ebay but i guess the bike gods smiled on me

Quick Reply: plz help CBR F3 engine lock up? maybe???