CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics!

Pacemaker I have that exact bag cover and the same colour scheme, I guess the Oz and UK ones had the same colour scheme, I think its one of the nicest scheme available. Do you have any troubles putting you tank bag on? I took mine off and haven't been able to get it back on.

Mike

Old 07-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: madmike01uk

Pacemaker I have that exact bag cover and the same colour scheme, I guess the Oz and UK ones had the same colour scheme, I think its one of the nicest scheme available. Do you have any troubles putting you tank bag on? I took mine off and haven't been able to get it back on.

Mike
Yeah I noticed on my Haynes manual that you guys have the same colour schemes. Don't have any trouble with the bag, cos I don't have one! Got it purely for paint protection, my leather pants started to put those annoying little swirl scratches on the side of the tank. I know they buff out, but there is only so much paint. As you notice from the pic, I went for a rack instead, wot you see is only the small bag, other one zips to other bag, but faces the seat, big load carrying capacity. That said, when I do take the tank cover off for cleaning, the paint is perfect. I kinda like the paint scheme myself, (but the U.S. solids look good) which is funny cos I went into the shop with all the intentions of buying a Truimph Sprint!!!, British racing green of course. Glad I didn't, cos the same year Sprint (98) looks really daggy & dated now, while the CBR's still look (& go) great. It was best 5 minute decision I've ever made (apart from not moving to Melbourne)
Post a pic of your bike. like to see it, we should also run a post featuring the various (& usually daggy) rego stickers & plates (numbers obscured of course)

Old 07-04-2007, 05:51 AM

I honestly cannot fault the cbr FV's they really are an awesome bike mine is just as quick as my mates 600rr. I would love to put some pics up but am not sure how to do it! What do the call the F3/FV down under?

Old 07-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We call it the F3/F-W (98) . Supprise huh! To upload a pic, use "Post Reply" hit the "click to upload"on the bottom where it says file, only supports 250kb size, but you can use a few free sources on the web to convert your pics on line or use something like photoshop to bring it down a tad in size.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 AM

Ah hopefully this will work.
Here is my baby she really is mint infact she is in better condition than my mates 03 600rr.

Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/16700/3E05F6300EC5413995DEBA3A61F9CF2F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-05-2007, 02:51 AM

that pic looks a bit rough maybe I need a higher res camera. I have tried re sizing it on the web.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:12 AM

Not surprisingly, I agree 100% about the black scheme! It's the only one that doesn't look like it was produced by a committee of primary-school kids with half a box of crayons...

Old 07-05-2007, 05:17 AM

Couldn't agree more, I have just fitted a light smoke zero gravity screen which makes it look even nicer, just wish I had gone for a dark smoke.
I don't think this colour scheme aged as badly as some of the others.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:32 AM

Not surprised your FVis mint, averaging just over 1K a year. Where's it been, in a cave?
Mine's a 98 FW and is coming up to 50,000 so getting a bit tatty by now. (Another bonus for the black, it's really easy to match whan you have to respray anything).
How are you getting on with the screen, like it as much as I do?
Where are you? We UK Mikes should stick together, I reckon, especially with identikit CBRs. My silencer is CarbonCanCo and my screen is Airblade but apart from that they look pretty similar!

Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 AM

It had hardly been used before I bought it, I have done 2000 miles on it this year, it has a FSH it has never been dropped there is a slight dent in the tank that you can only see if you look at it in certain light (it is barely a dent) to be honest i have only done about 80 miles on it since I put the new screen on coz of the rubbish weather so haven't really had a chance to see if it is much better. I live over in Swindon, where abouts in London are you?

Quick Reply: Pics!