CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

photos of windscreens on a F3

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photos of windscreens on a F3

I'm looking for photos of various windscreens on CBR F3. I bought a cheap one but didnt like the angle. So now i'm looking for a new one. Instead of wasting more money, I'd like to acutally see one on a F3. All the places on the internet selling windscreens for F3 doesn't seem to post a picture of it (usually a stock photo on the new F4i). Thanks for the help

Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts
Default RE: photos of windscreens on a F3

My wife and I recently purchased a ZeroGravity DoubleBubble windscreen in Purple for her 97 F3. Here's a photo that was taken yesterday in Naples, FL. It's the one on the Purple 600F3. (No I'm not in the photo, I'm taking it).

Update,
Would help to upload the right photo...

Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Banned

Shameless plugs

I've got a Pit-Eck Smoked Double Bubble - they're pretty much all the same. You'll want a DB if you're going to replace the stock screen. $30 on eBay.

From the side...
Name:  bike2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  130.8 KB

From the front...
Name:  bike3.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  112.6 KB

And from your angle...
Name:  bike4.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  156.2 KB

Old 11-21-2006, 03:28 AM

hey kidcr3nshaw those mirrors can they be pulled in like the original f3 mirrors ? i just bought me a pit eck db myself goin to install it as soon as i get some mirrors . but i want ones like the original f3 mirrors but those things are so big and ugly . i bought soem racing mirrors off ebay but i cannot see whats behind me and thats a little to dangerous for my liking . i wanted to go with those but i was not sure if they retract

Old 11-21-2006, 03:59 AM
Banned

Yep they do! They tighten with the same allen wrench you use for your fairings so it's handy. I wanted to keep the OEM mirrors but that friggin' rubber boot wouldn't stay in place - and it made me mad so bye-bye to them.

I'm not sure why it matters whether or not the mirrors can be moved around (other than to position them of course) though?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM

thanks. yeah i picked up an ebay DB for $35 and did not like it. The second bubble started right at the fairing and the final height seems 1-2 inches higher than both of yours. it was so high it seemed like i was riding a harley. I will search for a zero gravity or piteck on ebay. And I like the mirrors too. Was looking for a wider, sleeker mirror that didnt have that stupid rubber boot either. Thanks

Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

The mirrors I have aren't ideal, and like you - I like to see what/who is behind me (too many nasty videos I've seen!). When I'm riding, I can't see perfectly behind me, but I can see the driver or passenger fenders so I know someone is there, To see a vehicle the way the OEM mirrors let you see them, I have to bring my elbow in a bit and slightly lean my head over.

Doesn't matter anyway, I always pull up to a stop at a slight angle anyway so I can see perfectly - I like to see what's going on behind me! Some people prolly think I'm weird when they see me do it - but again, I've seen some nasty videos. The mirrors I have are much more sleek and cut down the overall width of the bike by about 6 inches.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM

while were on the subject of mirrors. what are pig spotters?

Old 11-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

The are very low profile mirrors that, instead of sticking out parallel to the upper fairing, they lay flat on the upper fairing where the mirror would normally be...

Here's a pic

Not legal in a lot of states (but how many aftermarket parts really are). I'm not even sure a city cop would enforce it... a state trooper would I'm sure.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:48 PM

would you even be able to see anything with that, such a small mirror.
BTW is your mirror flat or convex(wide angle)?

Quick Reply: photos of windscreens on a F3