CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

opinions on painting my bike..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on painting my bike..

I have a 1998 smokin joes edition cbr f3. the real deal. not a fake. I was going to throw it in the shop to get re-painted this spring, cause its been down a few times. But alot of people are telling me to restore it back to the smokin' joes. The parts are crazy expensive! any opinions?

Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Default RE: opinions on painting my bike..

I like the custom paint, but if it is a Smokin Joes, I'd just restore the plastics.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:04 PM

the plastics are so expensive! the gas tank alone brand new is like 800! but thanks for the input!

Old 03-14-2006, 09:53 PM

I dont think its worth it, since the smoking' joes doesn't really bring that much more money, compared to a standard F3.. Unless the bike is really nice, and doesn't need much.. If you had to buy a sticker set for it, I'd say it wouldnt be worth it right there. Just have the plastics repaired if possible, and paint it however ya want... Pink?

<edit> before anyone runs their mouths, I was gonna paint my bike like this for my girlfriend, since she was gonna sign for an 06 1000RR, but she got kicked to the curb before it happened, soo...

Old 03-15-2006, 02:06 PM

thats a really nice color. I was thinking all black or all silver with pink accents. but im not too sure. I change my mind everyday. but i like that color scheme.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:19 PM

Just do it. Yeah. Just do it. Once its done you will appreciate it even more. Make it what you want. Think of it as an expression of you.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:15 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE, dont kill another smokin joes. look on ebay, i see smokin joes parts on there. it will be worth the time. there are very few of these beautys left so PLEASE dont kill another.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:18 PM

I know but its sooo expensive. The parts are so crazily over-priced.The gas tank alone brand new is 800 thru honda. I need to replace just about all the fairings. If there wasnt so much that needed to be replaced, I would keep it as is. We'll see, now I'm confused..lol

Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 PM

with just a couple small dings 99 dollars for the tank:

her'es a few more parts on ebay

another gas tank:

more joe parts

You can find the for a decent deal but it's definately going to be cheaper to repaint the bike your own color. It's really up to you but I'm partial to the whole express your own opinion thing. If you want to keep the bike a smoking joe's edition, then do it. Put aside the money thing for a second. What would you do if all the parts were the same price? Stay with the Smoking Joe's edition or paint it your own color? If you would stay with the smoking joe's edition, slowly buy the parts off ebay and put it together later. If you would still repaint it your own color, then repaint it now.

Oh and a black bike with deep amythist accents, would look awesome.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:20 PM

If all of the smokin joes parts were the same price, idealy, i restore it as a smokin joes, then re-sell it and buy myself a newer bike. I hate the purple and yellow scheme. Drives me bananas. I bought it because i got a real good deal on it, it was my first bike so i was feenin' to get my hands on just about anything. if i re-paint it, i was thinking black with pink or purple accents, or paint it the same color silver as my car with the pink or purple accents. But i change my mind everyday.

Quick Reply: opinions on painting my bike..