New guy thinking of buying 1995 f3

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy thinking of buying 1995 f3

Hi new to the site thinking of buying a 95 cbr600 f3 from my sons boss,
Haven't owned a street bike in about 15 years. bike has 28,000 miles
needs some tlc but seams to run great, has a two brothers exhaust and needs
some body (fairing) and paint work. good thing about that is my son is a professional body and paint guy and has repaired these type of fairings before. asking price is 2k, what do you think. Richard

Attached Thumbnails New guy thinking of buying 1995 f3-cbr-biketrailer-005-small-.jpg   New guy thinking of buying 1995 f3-cbr-biketrailer-006-small-.jpg   New guy thinking of buying 1995 f3-cbr-biketrailer-007-small-.jpg   New guy thinking of buying 1995 f3-cbr-biketrailer-008-small-.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

as long as it runs good title is clean and registration is up to date and tires are good is say 1600-1800 is a fair price. is the tires reg or chain/sprockets or electrical need work.. price needs to come down. 2k should be a really good condition f3

Old 09-13-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by HAVOC
as long as it runs good title is clean and registration is up to date and tires are good is say 1600-1800 is a fair price. is the tires reg or chain/sprockets or electrical need work.. price needs to come down. 2k should be a really good condition f3
Other then the cosmetic issues the bike seams pretty solid, tires have lots of life left, electrical has no issues, chain and sprocket actually look new.
The owner who I've known for quite sometime was advertizing the bike for
$2500 but because of our relationship offered it to me for 2K.
there's a few other 600's listed in my area priced any where from 3k to 2100.00 which I'm sure I could negotiate a little lower. but the current owner is in no rush to sell it and has taken it off the market while I decide.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 AM

thats alot of mileage for $2500, even for $2000. But, if the market is high for bikes in your area, its rock steady, and you really like it, then i say go for it.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM

Mileage is not that bad. If the bike was in good hands and well taken care of, its not a bad deal at all.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 PM

I've decided to go take a look at some of the other bikes in my area first hand just to get a better idea of condition etc. before I make my decision.
Since I've decided to get another street bike its hard to hold off, but I'm sure
when getting a little older bike it best to get to best you can afford. I'm really
am looking forward to a CBR.
Thanks for the input.
Richard

Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ep87
I've decided to go take a look at some of the other bikes in my area first hand just to get a better idea of condition etc. before I make my decision.
Since I've decided to get another street bike its hard to hold off, but I'm sure
when getting a little older bike it best to get to best you can afford. I'm really
am looking forward to a CBR.
Thanks for the input.
Richard
its very tempting to get the first one you come across at a resonable deal after not havin a street bike a while. I made the mistake of getting the first one i came across after not riding for 2 years and what a headache it has turned out to be! search around and make a wise decision!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM

FYI that's a 96; They didn't make that paint scheme in 95. Clearly it was in a high-speed slide, as that level of damage is not possible from a drop or 5MPH turn or something. Given that he didn't even bother to replace the left side frame slider seems to imply that he wasn't really riding it after the drop. Find out why. Seeing as how the slider shattered liek that, it's obvious he bought a cheapo one, which may imply that he didn't really care about the bike in the first place. Also, for a "professional job," that tail paint looks like crap. Buyer beware. I paid $2k for mine in March and it only had 9k miles on it, already had the Stage 2 jetkit and race exhaust, and it was in MINT condition. Offer him $1000.

Last edited by johnnyx; 09-14-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
FYI that's a 96; They didn't make that paint scheme in 95. Clearly it was in a high-speed slide, as that level of damage is not possible from a drop or 5MPH turn or something. Given that he didn't even bother to replace the left side frame slider seems to imply that he wasn't really riding it after the drop. Find out why. Seeing as how the slider shattered liek that, it's obvious he bought a cheapo one, which may imply that he didn't really care about the bike in the first place. Also, for a "professional job," that tail paint looks like crap. Buyer beware. I paid $2k for mine in March and it only had 9k miles on it, already had the Stage 2 jetkit and race exhaust, and it was in MINT condition. Offer him $1000.

1000$ bucks man thats sweet! People in Houston seem to think their bikes are like gold or something. Most people out here want like 2800 for a 1992 F2 in somewhat ok condition.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by intiractive
its very tempting to get the first one you come across at a resonable deal after not havin a street bike a while. I made the mistake of getting the first one i came across after not riding for 2 years and what a headache it has turned out to be! search around and make a wise decision!
Wise advice Thanks will do.

Quick Reply: New guy thinking of buying 1995 f3