CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what does the air solenoid bypass acomplish ? im also looking for mods for my new smokin joe!!! throw something at me thanks lads

Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless you're going to the track or naked (and wanting to delete hoses), the solenoid by-pass shouldn't be a high-priority (or at all) mod to the bike.

The solenoid basically switches the bike from a rich-carberation (for 0-9 mph, low-speed torque) to the main-ducts (for leaner, more fuel-efficent operation of the motor).

98% ( I made up that number, just making a point, lol) of regular, street-riders won't be advantaged by any changes done. (it's there for a reason, imo)

I understand, "bling" is fun/instant gratification.

However, best initial "bang for the buck" after purchasing a used bike, will always be inspect/re-furbish ALL of the major sub-systems of the bike. i.e. brakes, electrical, seals and bearings, fluids/filters, drive-chain/sprockets, etc.

I've owned my bike for a year and a half, dumped some serious cash in it. Check out my signature...Yeah, she's STILL a 20 footer, but, DANG! She is an incredibly, smooth-running piece of machinery. Just a thought...

Ern

Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 PM

madhatter would you be interested in making another f4i bracket ?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's possible, I guess. Gotta say though, my time is precious. I wouldn't look at it for
less than $200 (labor only), with you supplying all of the parts. So that turns it into
a pretty expensive upgrade. Spicey's mount is probably a more practical pat to take.
The only thing my version adds is a slightly more OEM vs "I meant to do that" look.

Interesting thought, but also keep in mind, I'm just a "gifted amatuer", not a
professional mechanic. I'm a commercial trim-carpenter/wood-worker by trade.
So it wouldn't be a 5-day turn-around, either. I AM flattered, though.

After having said all of that, if you're still serious, PM me and we can at least, talk about it.

Ern

p.s. to all of the rest of the readers, even if I do it this once, that's it. I'm bored,
easily, and have no intention of starting a business, so don't ask. Motorcycles are
what I do for fun and to escape stress, and I have no desire to be more than...
"that hip, dude that likes to help out". ;-)

Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 AM

grip seat fabric

Attached Thumbnails new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **-img_4142.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ridden a 180,170 and 160 rear tire. There is no reason to go with a 180 unless you got it for cheap and understand that your going to wear though it pretty quickly. I just went with the 170 so it looks a little fatter but will last a while.

One cheap mod that you could consider doing is switching your throttle from 1/4 turn to a 1/5 turn from a R6 or I think some high end hondas like the rc51s also have a 1/5turn throttle.

If your also looking for something easy to do you could consider cerramic coating your headers and then wrapping them

You could also buy some sorta heat reflective tape and completely cover your airbox. I have no idea if this will make much of a difference but I have seen some shops offer to do this and CLAIM gains up to 10hp which im positive is BS.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM

what exactly would changing the throttle do? also how, what, where and why with ceramic coating and wrapping the headrers? the wrapping the airboxc makes sense in a way. i guess its kind of like adding a cold air intake but 10 hp? yea i would say bs too

Old 04-24-2012, 04:25 PM

you can put a 8 oz redbull can over the rear reservoir.... i just put some red leds under the tail and hooked them into my brake light so i really light up when i am on the brakes, help keeping these idiots off my ***....

i have a 180 tire and + size in the front and hate it...this bike turns like a semi compared to my 06 636, maybe it aint just the tires, but it cant halp.... thats next to go...

also do a search for undertail exhaust, some pretty easy and home made ones for around $100.

thats why the tires are next to go. ive read with a 160 you dont have to go around the swing arm. you can go straight up and out.... into duals as loud as possible too, i aint holding back

Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrsmobbins101
what exactly would changing the throttle do? also how, what, where and why with ceramic coating and wrapping the headrers? the wrapping the airboxc makes sense in a way. i guess its kind of like adding a cold air intake but 10 hp? yea i would say bs too
With reguards to the throttle mod, you would just be able to easily whip the grip back to full throttle easier/faster. I dont know about you but for me to go to WOT from normal riding position my hand is in a awkward position, I also lose some grip on the brake lever.

By either wrapping the headers or ceramic coating them you reduce heat escaping, which is going to increase your exhaust temp which equates to better air flow. Like the airbox mod, I doubt it will make much of a difference but on paper it makes sense and should run you less than 100 bucks. As soon as I get my bike running Ill test these out.