CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **

bought a 98 cbr f3 in amazing condition 15,xxx miles nvr dropped
im looking for mods. i hate when my things arent unique. looking for any experience from anyyybody. from sliders, cages, side mount license plates mirrors that are worth the money, undertails, anything. the web doesnt have much for them . also looking at a gp ehaust . anyone know about them ?

mods it already has.
full two brothers exhaust
jet kit
cbr grips
bar ends
tinted screens
bigger storage box kit with push button clips
fender eliminator
flush mount signals
hid kit

Attached Thumbnails new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **-imag0363.jpg   new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **-imag0362.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 AM

Congratulations on your new CBR. I just bought the same bike two days ago, so im pretty much looking for new and unique upgrades also, as well as, any technical tweeks that may be applicable. so i will be watching this thread closely

Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM

manual cam chain tensioner, cbr f4i gauge set, air solenoid bypass.....

Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM

bigger tires, like 180s, check out ebay too, I got tonnnnsss of mods off there, cheap from china and pretty good quality. if you dont mind 2 weeks for shipping time. I got intergrated LED tail light (smoked) super tiny LED flush mount signals, LED in gauge cluster, carbon firbre mirrors, LED underglo strips, man- tones more too, CHEAP.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by fatluke_nofx
bigger tires, like 180s, check out ebay too, I got tonnnnsss of mods off there, cheap from china and pretty good quality. if you dont mind 2 weeks for shipping time. I got intergrated LED tail light (smoked) super tiny LED flush mount signals, LED in gauge cluster, carbon firbre mirrors, LED underglo strips, man- tones more too, CHEAP.
I think 180's will be too big, or super snug, ive read on here a few times not to go bigger than a 170. BTW Colorado Steve, is that F4i gauge swap out a direct bolt on procedure, or is it complicated?

Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 AM

the 180 does fit, i have it on mine! and it handles really great, in fact I couldnt tell a difference. (and it looks sweet) If you read deeper into the subject you will see a lot of f3 users on this forum have 180s on their bikes.

Also if you check out the f4i gauge swap, its not so pretty- from what ive seen (and ive seen a lot) unless you are very creative and good with your hands, it just doesnt mount nice and a lot of fabricating is involved to make it look "proper"

Old 03-02-2012, 09:21 AM

Do you know if the 180 fits with the stock tire hugger on? My 170 seems like a pretty tight fit. Does anyone have a picture?

G

Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Default 180 on f3

so my bike has changed a lot since this pic, more mods on the white access pannels to make them stand out less, but this is the only one i have showing the 180.

The tire is a 180 and fits great, not tight, and i dont lose any coner control what so ever.

I did take the stock tire hugger off, but it opens it up a lot more and it makes it look so much nicer without it. Super easy, looks super nice.

I highly recomend 180s, dony belive the hype that u will lose control of your motorcycle (at least an f3) this is perferctly safe and looks soooooo good.

Attached Thumbnails new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **-img-20120205-00236.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always recommend the usual, "no show" check-up, ss brake lines, over-haul brakes,
replace fork seals, chain/sprockets, grease-pack the harness, replace the r/r to after-market,
inspect/replace steering-head bearings, check all of the control cables (replacing as needed).

The digital guage swap is cool, but it IS work. As mentioned, the wiring is easy,
it's the mounting that is tricky to execute. Here's a pic of mine, I used the original
surround and mounted it on a plate with brackets fabbed to match the main-stay
mounts of the old guages.....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._5794416_n.jpg

As far as, "distinguishing" mods, there's always the bling of taping the rims,
under-lighting the fairings. Don't forget, gearing yourself up, with some hip threads
(leathers/boots) can add to the impression. Heck, it might even save those ruggedly,
handsome looks to "bling" another day.

Good luck, Ern

Old 03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i made the brackets awhile back for a few guys on here
pretty easy

Quick Reply: new f3 looking for mods. please look and help **