CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

need opinions on after market exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinions on after market exhaust system

hi all first time in the forum. i own 98 600f3 with two brothers {silver} exhaust system want to put on black pipe either d@d or jardine slip on. open for opinions. would you suggest from jugs back? thanks alot

Old 02-13-2009, 09:38 PM

Hey, i'm in the same boat as far as trying to find a good aftermarket slip-on.. ever heard of the Italian exhaust company called Mivv? http://www.mivv.it/en/ They make some pretty sweet/loud pipes...but kinda expensive and are so loud they're illegal in many places.. I dunno, just thought i'd tell ya about em. Ya can also youtube "mivv exhaust" and see some in action.. Good luck on finding ya a good slip-on!

Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 PM

I have the Jardine RT-1 on my F3 and it sounds great!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 AM

Well I know that Utter05, Conrice, and I all love our new Shorty MotoGP style exhausts!! According to the manufacturer they put out 105dB. That is too loud to be legal in some states (including mine), but the consensus seems to be that if the Harley's can get away with riding on open pipes, most likely you will on your bike. Here is a link to my thread about the shorty exhaust:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...t=86303&page=4

You can also search around a bit for utter05's video and photos of his pipe installed and running.

Good luck with your project!

Old 02-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

agreed^^^

i have the sound and power i want at a fraction of the cost of other exhaust slip-ons. its the easiest to install as well.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by omninate
That is too loud to be legal in some states (including mine), but the consensus seems to be that if the Harley's can get away with riding on open pipes, most likely you will on your bike.
Your not riding a Harley, your on a rice burner and if a cop is giving tickets for loud pipes it's going to be the guy NOT riding American Iron who gets ticketed.

No one loves crotch rockets in the first place(except for us) and no one like a loud crotch rocket!

IMHO could give a rats *** what you do, you asked for an opinion and I gave you mine.

If you want to **** off your neighbors and draw the attention of every cop you pass go ahead a pop for the illegal shorty.

Just because someone else does it and gets away with it does not make it ok...

SIRR1

Old 02-14-2009, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by SIRR1
No one loves crotch rockets in the first place(except for us) and no one like a loud crotch rocket!

If you want to **** off your neighbors and draw the attention of every cop you pass go ahead a pop for the illegal shorty.

Just because someone else does it and gets away with it does not make it ok...

SIRR1
I severely prefer my custom shorty, as obnoxiously loud as it is, over anything quieter. I have zero interest in caring what others think about our 2 wheelers, as I care about my safety. NJ has the worst drivers imaginable and there's no such thing as being too safe or too seen/heard over here. I've never gotten pulled over or stopped, and if I were to, i'd know how to defend my loud exhaust and neon lights on the basis of safety. I've ridden on bikes with stock exhausts, and there's no feeling more dangerous than that.

And I don't believe that hobbyists are purchasing after-market exhaust systems to catch attention.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 AM

There are idiot drivers everywhere, but thank god I don't live in NJ.
I like my bike quieter. I wish the factory pipe wasn't so nasty looking looked or I would've just kept that.
I don't care for the look of the shorty systems either.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Default D&D

i have a full d&d system on my 96 its loud. Wife,kids, neighbors all hate it but i love it people hear you coming. i live in vermont we dont have a db law. but i have gotten pulled over for loud pipe. cop told me to put the stock pipe back on i told him i didnt have it, no ticket. but it only happend once. i like the d&d. but i do want to try the gp style.
i think ud be happy with either

Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 AM

i have a two brothers carbon fiber slip on and i Love it is loud and gives me that nice rip sound when i crack on it. BUT if i were you and want something nasty i love the sound of LEO VINCE exhaust... they are nasty sounding give them a look

Quick Reply: need opinions on after market exhaust system