CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Need Help. sticky throttle?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help. sticky throttle?!

gas tank, air box. You will see the adjusters on the cable when you get in there.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:02 PM

Gotta pull the rear sides of the tail fairing, the seat, tank, and the top part of the airbox that doesn't bolt directly to the carbs. From there, you'll get to the main adjusters for the throttle cables.

If adjusting from there doesn't solve it, then try unhooking the throttle cables from the throttle tube and pulling the throttle tube out to make sure there isn't any gunk underneath. I had a sticky throttle too and it turned out that was the problem.

Oh, and when you put the tank back on, make sure to take your time and check to make sure you don't get the throttle cables binding on the tank itself.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 PM

+1...
The only rear side you'll have to pull is the left side to un plug the fuel line thats a pinch in there n you gotta plug the tank fast before you get fuel all over the place...make sure ur engine is cool so you dont blowd yourself up..k?

Old 04-27-2008, 08:18 PM

No, you'll need both removed to get to the bolts that hold on the seat. And you can't get the tank unbolted without the seat removed. And there shouldn't be any leaky fuel if you turn the petcock off lol

Old 04-27-2008, 08:36 PM

sounds like a lot of fun and i look forword to it considering i took the rear fairings off and the seat today just to get to the battery to take it out to get charged... but yea back to the grips just for one last question.. once the screw is off from the side are the grips supposed to slide right off or do i need to cut them off like suggest before. which dosent sound too practical to me considering that i have to slip the new ones on.[]

Old 04-27-2008, 10:02 PM

It's easier just to cut the grips off then to try sliding them off especially if they've been glued on.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 PM

bah...seat screws...who needs those..I dont know where mine are anymore, it stays there. My pet **** always leaks all over me. Is that a problem??(yea pun intended..lol) It doesnt completly shut off on OFF, oh well, doesnt bother meenough to get a new one.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 PM

i didnt notice adjusters there. Mine stick a little too. I'll take a look when my 900rr temp sensor gets here. I'm gonna pull the cables and lube them up too.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 AM

They should be there...they are actually on the throttle tubes, hooked to a piece of metal on the frame i think. I havent been in there in a couple months so i forgot

Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 PM

the grips are glued on...so you take a razor blade and just slice it right down the middle and pull the old grip off. get all the old glue off, throw some glue in the new ones and slide em on to the position you want them...you can get pro grip grips at denniskirk.com for $13.99 i just checked, thats where i got mine....don't forget to get glue too!

Quick Reply: Need Help. sticky throttle?!