CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   my new streetfighter build!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/my-new-streetfighter-build-106694/)

95F3Fighter 03-03-2010 05:02 PM

my new streetfighter build!!!

1 Attachment(s)
whats up F3 dudes, i just bought this hacked up f3 for a 1000 bucks, completely naked, strait piped, haggard custom subframe, but a really solid motor and runs and rides awesome, so much nimbler than my first bike, a 94 vfr750. anyways, just a few first questions, first, does not having fairings really effect the airbox intake drastically like the honda dealer says?

secondly, im probably loosing power with that crappy strait pipe right? its loud of course, but i bet a nice system would yield a better power curve.

thanks guys, my paint and subframe will be done soon, so heres a before pic. i plan on doing metallic silver. custom subframe with a kz750 tail

CBRme 03-03-2010 05:05 PM

i had a 91 750 vfr and it was the most comfortable bike ive had...have you seen the brand new one?

intiractive 03-03-2010 06:55 PM

to answer your question, fairings have nothing to do with the ram air duct... as long as the ram air duct is still in place and still in-tact. also, check the vacuum line routing diagram in the F3 manual (available for download on the internet) to make sure yours is hooked up correctly.

Willkster 03-03-2010 08:44 PM

I love it man! Very nice! I have an 96 f3 right now and i got a set of track fairings with it so i am currently getting them painted and together. But after i am done with this project my next bike will be a streetfighter with a sick tail swap and some dirt bike bars! But i like that your doing it, good luck and like you said get yourself a sweet exhaust to get a little more out of it!

chuckbear 03-04-2010 09:16 AM

Looks like you have no low-speed ram air ducts (usually attached to the front cowl), so you'll see an effect below 12 mph (i think that's the speed it switches). As for the rest, you'll have to get a diagram of the ram air ducts and see what, if anything, is still hooked up from stock. Short answer is that if you're ram air has been altered it will definitely affect performance. These bikes were designed to breathe a certain way.

jtkardel 03-04-2010 12:30 PM

If you haven't jetted your bike, you're going to be down on performance. My bike's muffler was cracked at the collector and had the baffle snapped off, and when I replaced it with the pipe it was jetted for it was like a new bike, it was much stronger thru the whole range. If you want to keep that cut pipe, then you have some carb jetting work in your future if you want the most out of your engine.

STREETFIGHTER88 03-04-2010 01:23 PM

If it bogs down OVER 12mph then the ram air hasnt been rewired, if it doesnt bog down then its been done and not having the fairings on there wont affect it ... and its actually no having the speedo on there that affect the 12mph boging down not the fairing.

This was my F3 fighter until a fewdays ago.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6246859_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6325103_n.jpg

But i need a faired bike for the bikeruns this summer as my mates have all got 1000s so i need every little help to keep up lol

I will buy another F3 on F2 or 900rr this summer to fighter again though as i love them with a passion hence my username :D lol

andyriot 03-04-2010 02:08 PM

hey im not hating on you or anyone else who goes for the streetfighter look, but i dont understand it. what exactly is it about a streetfighter that attracts you guys? they are "interesting" to me but i cant see myself riding one, or what the purpose of riding one is? just looking to be enlightened on the subject, no foul intentions.

STREETFIGHTER88 03-04-2010 02:39 PM

They just look mean and i like the not quite upright arms wide apart with renthal bars rideing possition plus the fact your removing alot of weight and down gearing them something silly just makes them wild to ride and less to replace if i was to drop it stunting lol BUT there not practicle for the 90 mile trip we do most fridays for the london bike meet and the 130ish mile charity rides etc, hence why i've put fairings back on as its getting to that time of the year but around town there fun as fook.

95F3Fighter 03-04-2010 03:04 PM

To me, streetfighters are deeper than just looks. To build a budget bike, little money, just form and function. What ever you can do to get it back on the road. They convey a unique attitide. I love the bare minimums. Form and function. I love to see components, the mechanical aspect of bikes is beautiful. So much cooler looking to me, its all preference. Fairings are just aero pieces, don't really matter much for a bike to cause rukus around town. I just love the look. Plus I'm not gonna pay several hundo to piece together ugly 15 yearold plastics.