CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My F3!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a shame about your bike. Be careful who you get a new ignition switch from when you replace it, the last thing you want is someone having a spare key to your bike and your address. I had my alarm shipped to my work, you can never be too cautious. =)

On another note.....A friend of mine bought a wheel chock designed for the bed of a truck, welded some bars to the bottom and set it in cement at his place. keeps his 09' GSXR secure and you would have to bend the bike to tip it over... I think he made the whole set-up for under $80... I just use a Merlin alarm and a chain, but that won't stop it from getting tipped over, I just keep my fingers crossed... ha ha

Good luck with getting everything resolved!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by espelade
That's a shame about your bike. Be careful who you get a new ignition switch from when you replace it, the last thing you want is someone having a spare key to your bike and your address. I had my alarm shipped to my work, you can never be too cautious. =)

On another note.....A friend of mine bought a wheel chock designed for the bed of a truck, welded some bars to the bottom and set it in cement at his place. keeps his 09' GSXR secure and you would have to bend the bike to tip it over... I think he made the whole set-up for under $80... I just use a Merlin alarm and a chain, but that won't stop it from getting tipped over, I just keep my fingers crossed... ha ha

Good luck with getting everything resolved!
+1 on the alarm, hell i got one for under 10 bucks on ebay, and though it took me a bit to figure out how the hell to get it on there, it was well worth it.

Now if only there was a way to make spikes come out of the seat as a defencive measure.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine off ebay as well. got a Merlin 3000, spent $16.98 including shipping, The unit retails for $160.00 or so, its made by directed electronics, they make Viper, python, Clifford, etc. Nice unit, easy install, I love it...