Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My F3!

My 98 F3

Attached Thumbnails My F3!-image2.jpg   My F3!-image.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 03:33 PM

This happened a month after i got it. Somebody tryed to steal it on my 27th birthday.

Attached Thumbnails My F3!-image4.jpg   My F3!-image5.jpg   My F3!-image3.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM

Man that sucks, I hate those low-life people who choose to steal :@

At least you still have the bike!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WTH? Did they think they could hotwire it from behind the rear fairings? You garaging it now?

If you're still storing her outside, I recommend getting some chains and an alarm. Mine would have been screaming when they started screwing with the fairings (shock sensor)

Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Holly Cow Batman, that really sucks !! It looks like from the damage, that they hit it with a car from the rear, then tried to jimmy the ignition. I hope you have comprehensive, which will cover this, minus your deductible.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:59 PM

They hit the ignition with a screw driver and I didnt go through insurance bc after my deductible, they would of paid less then $100. To me thats not enough for my insuracne to go up. They didn't hit it, the throw it down after they couldn't move it. I lock my bars all the time. All the damage is from them dropping it. Its in a garage now.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 F3
I lock my bars all the time.
I hope you're not relying on a locked handlebar to keep your bike from going somewhere. 2 guys with a piece of re-bar can put your bike in neutral, slip the re-bar through the front wheel, pick up the front end and walk away with your bike like a wheelbarrow. Then they just put it in a truck. Bikes need to be secured TO something that is stationary, like a tree or light post, or metal fence. We've seen a few bikes here on the forum just dissappear. A garage is great, but if you do have to park outside, secure it to something.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now...

Old 11-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I hope you're not relying on a locked handlebar to keep your bike from going somewhere. 2 guys with a piece of re-bar can put your bike in neutral, slip the re-bar through the front wheel, pick up the front end and walk away with your bike like a wheelbarrow. Then they just put it in a truck. Bikes need to be secured TO something that is stationary, like a tree or light post, or metal fence. We've seen a few bikes here on the forum just dissappear. A garage is great, but if you do have to park outside, secure it to something.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now...
i really never thought of it that way... man...
good thing my roommate is paranoid and goes outside with a shotgun..
that's been my alarm system the last few weeks.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's way easier to steal a bike than a lot of ppl consider. Like dirt said, it would only take 2 small-framed guys to steal one of our light bikes.

Only way to really protect against theft is to chain/secure your bike to an inanimate object or enclose it in a shed/garage/etc and hope that your 10-year-old bike isn't worth the trouble to thieves...

You're bike looks awful familiar.. Love that paint scheme!! Bummer about that fall man but at least you've still got your ride!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks dirt, I never thought of it like that. Luckly my mom's letting me keep it in her garage for the winter. I'l need to put something at my house so it doesn't happen again.