CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My doctor says its a chronic condition. No more long distance ridding for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My doctor says its a chronic condition. No more long distance ridding for me

Over the summer I had a accident at work that left me with ruptured disc in my back. I was working on the back of a tank and the stairs I was using had no anti slip devices. So the stairs came out from under me and I landed dead on my back from about a meter and a half.
Now I have chronic back pain, pain running through my legs, and sitting pains. When it comes to sitting like on my bike, in my car, on the train, or even on my couch at home I am in pain. So as of now I cant enjoy ridding my bike. I really looked forward to the next ridding season because I live in south korea and there are some great mountain roads here and the country side is beautiful. So my doctor is telling me that I can be like this for a long time. I talking about like years because these type of injuries to the spine do not heal like other parts of the body. I just wanted to share this with you guys because I just want people to be safe. In my case my company which put those stair in my work area and told me I had to use them did not make sure they were safe to use. So I have learned not to be so relaxed and to be aware of others and their actions. So please stay and live your lives as safe as possible and always be aware of your surroundings.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My doctor says its a chronic condition. No more long distance ridding for me

So sorry to hear that ... we often forget that it only takes a fraction of a second to create years of pain. Hope the DRs are wrong and you heal up!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Default RE: My doctor says its a chronic condition. No more long distance ridding for me

thats tough man. i hope you get better soon

Old 01-16-2009, 10:57 AM

i had an accident at work in july ruptured 2 discswas in constant pain. had surgery on tuesday to remove parts of the disc that were touching the nerves causing the pain in my legs and buttocks its only been 2 ays and im completly pain free i would look into surgery

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM

I have 2 herniated discs (the two above the sacrum) and am in pretty constant pain. However, I was told there are too many variables in surgery and there is a possible chance of being paralyzed .Being that I'm 20 years old, thats not an option. Semi-annual cortisone shots seem to do the trick.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:16 PM

That is terrible man, sorry to hear it. I happened to run across your video on youtube the other day and just realized that its your video. Very cool bike my friend, get better so that beast can see the streets!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:22 AM

awwman,
Did you get laser surgery? I am kinda concerned about the operation. I was told by my doctor my only options are disc replacement or spinal fusion. From what I have researched on the internet the surgery is very painful and takes some time to heal up. After the surgery some people reported still being in pain. I guess it all depends on the different circumstances of each particular case.
I looked into getting laser surgery which would avoid a the doctors cutting me open like a stuck pig but my doctor said its not good for my condition. If I get the surgery I'll never make my plane on time, HA HA,

Old 01-18-2009, 11:51 AM

it was a spinal authroscopy new procedure had a few doctors tell me there was nothing they could do found a doctor who would.he had done surgery on my mother a few years ago.the surgery is 2 tiny cuts on my back right by the spine the inserted a camera one side i think a laser on the other and im completly pain free just a little sore from the surgery they trimmed where the discs where hitting the nerves completly replaced one i feel 100 % better and i was in severe pain before could hardly walk its only been a few days look into it

Old 01-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that sux dude. Hope for a full recovery ASAP.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:06 PM

Hope you heal quickly we need people like you to keep improving the F3

Quick Reply: My doctor says its a chronic condition. No more long distance ridding for me