CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!

Ok Allen your getting closer.First of all if you still have the fuel pump,hook it back up.Next take your tank off and remove the airbox top and leave just the filter.Put the tank back on and ride it and see if anything changes.Most importantly please order some float needles so we dont keep chasing the wrong problem.They may be in stock at your local dealer.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:08 PM

i dont have a fuel pump, the mechanic my bro took the bike to switched the it over to gravity feed and kept the pump. But it did still run like crap with the pump on it, back when it was on. ill order the float needles. Im not going to beable to do much with it today because its raining out and its not showing signs of stopping. What are you thinking it may be?
thanks, Allen.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:17 PM

What i f just went ahead and ordered this jet kit-

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...303&mmyId=8757

My bike has V&H carbon fiber exhaust and a K&N filter

does this kit have the float needles in it?

Old 05-15-2006, 09:45 PM

Personally I wouldnt waste my money on that.It will just be more to chase and it doesnt have float needles.

I think its one of two things.
If it revs fine in nuetral and it will crank no problem after you have run it and let it sit a few minutes and sounds smooth and seems to be running on all cylinders.Then I believe you have a fuel starvation problem.Unplug any hoses that are on the bottom of the tank w/the exception of the petcock of course.It may not be venting enough under load.See,while they are idleing they seem to run fine and rev fine,but once you put a load on it by riding it,it quickly drains the float bowls and starves for fuel.Thus the jerkyness.After it dies I bet if you let it sit for a minute it will probably crank right back up because its had a second to refill the float bowls.I bet this is your problem.

The only other thing which I think the jerkyness rules out would be if the needles were dumping to much fuel in one or more of the cylinders thus temporaraly fouling them resulting in it not running on all the cylinders.But this would cause it to just fall on its face and lose power as opposed to being jerky.

Undoing the hoses under the tank may help if not you may have to put a pump back on it.If you can ride it around with very little throttle in the first 3 or 4 gears with no problem(not reving it much)fuel starvation is your problem.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 PM

I thought the kit came with the float needles, i figured i might as well get the whole ball of wax while i was at it, but since it dosent come with the needles, im not getting it. Is there anywhere online that i can order the float needles? the closest dealership is about 35-40 minutes away from me.

Another thing that may help you diagnose my problem, if i snap the throttle really qiuck, it hesitates before it revs.... forgot to mention that earlier.

The jerkyness im experiencing seems to be from the bike running on all 4 cylinders and accelerating, then running off 2 cylinders and flattening out, then it starts running on all 4 again and jerking me back, hence the jerkyness. i can get it into 2nd gear and cruise at about 35-40 mph with the throttle barely cracked, but as soon as i give it more throttle it will fall on its face and lose power. The higher the gear that im in, the worse that happens.

thanks alot for the help so far, i appreciate it.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:32 AM

Allen from that description it does sound like float needles.Remember when its not running on all four it will make a distinct sound,kinda bluburring.If its starving its like cutting the switch on and off.

I dont really order a lot of parts online but you might try searching something like(we stock Honda OEM float needles or carb parts).I will try to search as well.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:23 AM

Allen the Honda OEM part# is 223127-001 float valve.BikeBandit.com shows it to be 21.98 but I believe thet is either for a pack of four or six.If thats a pc. then shop around.oldbikebarn.com shows them as well.Probably not the same # but these needles are used in many many bikes.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:14 AM

I found these float valves at oldbikebarn.com, Let me know if this is what your talking about and ill go ahead and put the order in. Thanks, Allen.

http://www.oldbikebarn.com/part.php?...playPerPage=10

Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 PM

Thats it Allen.One of these days I will learn how to do the link thing--------maybe.Prepare for your proper running bike.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:07 PM

Crap I hope it's the float needles with my bike.....I ordered them, and here in quebec canada, they are 25 $ a piece everywhere can't get them for less...unbeleivable...a tiny **** could be 25 $...I'll let you guys know...

Quick Reply: My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!