CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!

Ill eliminate the valve that youre talking about.

BUT i have some bad news. while i was going through the various hoses and pulling the carbs, i found another problem that needs to be adressed asap. My brother wanted to ride the bike last summer while i was over seas so i told him if he took to a mechanic and got it fixed, id let him ride it. The mechanic he took it to was a half-assing billy-rigging goat-roper. Im missing half my fairing bolts that i bought new for it before i left, my fuel lines were cut and replaced with dry-rotted lines, my brand new fuel pump is gone, and the engine leaked oil bad from the cam cover gasket, which is the problem i found that needs to be adressed asap. the far right rear cam cover bolt was snaped off inside the head and thats why it was leaking oil bad. It didnt do that before i left, so im guessing the mechanic had something to do with it.

I couldnt get to the rung off bolt with a drill because it was in such a tight spot so i had to remove the whole engine. So thats where im at now. should have that fixed either tonight or tomarrow and have the engine back in around mid-day tomarrow.

Anyway, back to my original problem. I have a diagram from a repair manual for routing of the fuel and vacum hoses for both the 49 states/canada versions and my cali version. Is this the diagram that you are talking about? If so, do i just hook up my hoses according to the 49 states/canada version and be good to go? Also, my carbs are from a 49 states version 98 CBR.

Thanks alot to everyone for your help so far.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:08 AM
apj
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep sounds like your bike getting choked for air to me. You didnt mention if you checked the air filter and all the air tubes running into your carbs. I'd be looking at that.

On my track bike the air solenoid valve has been removed. If you elect to do this just be aware that if you drop the bike at all then chances are you will clog the air tubes with fuel (have done this 3 times now) which means you have to pull the tubes off and blow them out before your bike will run smoothly again.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:53 PM

can u only delete it on race bikes only whats the difference ..planning to do the same
ORIGINAL: Melch

I dont know the proper way to ck.it,I loaned my manual to someone,but it isnt working.It should open at 12mph and its not.That is what is causing it to fall on its face.On the race bikes we always bypass this crap.It is not hard to do.I will try to take some pics for you and post them.Then just hook all the hoses up exactly as they are in the pics.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:05 AM

got the motor back in.

the bike has a K&N filter, i cleaned and oiled it and blew all the hoses out back when i was swapping parts off my buddy's cbr. it still ran like crap, so im almost sure ints not the filter or any of the hoses.

Is the air solenoid the valve that is in bolted to the front of the engine, behind the header? If so, can i just block all the hoses off that come out of it and run the rest of the hoses according to the diagram i have of the 95-96 year 49 states/canada model F3s?

Old 05-13-2006, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: GreaseMonkey83

got the motor back in.

the bike has a K&N filter, i cleaned and oiled it and blew all the hoses out back when i was swapping parts off my buddy's cbr. it still ran like crap, so im almost sure ints not the filter or any of the hoses.

Is the air solenoid the valve that is in bolted to the front of the engine, behind the header? If so, can i just block all the hoses off that come out of it and run the rest of the hoses according to the diagram i have of the 95-96 year 49 states/canada model F3s?

Allen unfortunatly it sounds like someone has butchered your bike.Yes you should be able to do the hose diagram from the 49 state model and no the solenoid is behind the carbs,if it is still there,on the fuel pump side.On that note is there a fuel pump on it and is it working?This also could easily be you problem as well.Are the float bowl heater hoses still there,or have they been bypassed.

Try this because it will be quick and help us rule out a few things.On the back of the carbs you will see aT where the fuel hooks up.Take a short pc. of fuel hose hook it to your petcock and turn your petcock toward the carbs a little bit as you will only be gravity feeding the carbs and hook the other to the T.The shorter the better.Just leave your seat and tank on.Your only trying to do a test run where you can put a load on it.Ride it and see if it stops falling and revs.If it does not,stop and unlock your gas cap and let it just lay shut but not pushed all the way down and locked.If it still does it we have ruled out several things and we will go from there.I know this is frustrating but we will eventually find the problem.Let me know what it does.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:27 AM

Ive got the carbs off right now and im cleaning then. When i get them back on, ill hook it up so its gravity fed. The mechanic my bro took it to had already hooked it up like that but the fuel hose was long, had 2 u-bends in it, it was dry rotted and had 2 filters. I had a new pump on it before the mechanic got ahold of it, and it didnt seem to help it any.

Any idea what the valve behind my header is? ive got a feeling its also something to do with the emissions. There is a hose that runs from it to the 3rd vaccum part under the carbs. I unhooked that hose and plugged the port.

i did remove the the three hoses off the top of the carbs. They are hooked up in my cali diagram, but are non-existant in the 49-states diagram. Thats why i eliminated them.

Thanks for the help so far!!! -allen

Old 05-13-2006, 01:41 PM

i just figureraut that my bike is not California model
so air pipes sistem looks much simple... but it has the SAME problem...

i begin from spark plugs.. remove them and thes seems to be in good condition (looks like just installed,might be previous owner chenge them before got accident and this bike was sold from auction) no any kind deposits on them, just normal condition for plugs.

i think my next step will be a removing carburatour cleaning and installing Dynojet kit also sinchronization ... will see...

any way might be some recomendation what to check before i do that?

ONE MORE THINK!!!

i try to ride the bike now and...

when i am on the 2nd speed or 3rd... and speed around 30-40 and RPMs around 4000-6000
and then i PULL CLUTCH, the motor keep loosing power eaven NOT under load!!!
WHATS GOING ON WITH THIS bike????

also i remove air filter and see some OIL deposits inside of the air box IS THIS NORMAL???

Old 05-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Allen on the front of the engine is the PAIR valve or secondary pulse air injection which is a Cali thing as well.Instead of plugging it where it goes into the carbs,leave it open.Not getting enough air when it gets onto the mains is what I believe the problem is.When you take it out just leave the top up the airbox off as well and see if it revs.

I know this may seem like a crazy question,but are you sure someone didnt stick an F2 engine in your F3??On the back of the thermostat housing with the carbs off you should see a dent in the back of the housing that looks like you frogged it with your middle finger.That confirms its an F3 head and in the valley of the block you should see the speed sensor wires going into the block.This will confirm that the bottom end is an F3.Just asking because they are interchangeable and it would'nt be the first time Ive seen this. Post back

Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 AM

I got everything back together and i hooked the fuel lines up so they are gravity fed. The bike still misses, It misses in every gear now, when i give it some throttle, it accles but then flattens out then accels and flattens out, accels and flattens out etc. Its really "jerky". When i hold it at WOT, in 1st it will accel slow and jerky all the way to the redline and then as soon as i let off of throttle it stalls, so i have the let the clutch out and jump start it. I checked the coils and both are putting out plenty of spark, so it almost has to be in the fuel system somewhere. The tank sends out plenty of gas so i am guessing its something in the carbs.

It does have the speed sensor in the valley of the block so i assume its a F3 engine. It does however have an F2 coil and rectifier.

What should i do next?

Thanks, Allen.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:39 AM

did you sincronize your carb?

Quick Reply: My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!