CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!

The bike runs good first gear, i shift to second, it shifts fine and runs good in second gear untill about 5000rpms then it starts missing and stuttering and losing power. I cannot get it to go over 5000rpms in second. As long as i keep the throttle cracked at 5000rpms, i can drive down the road in second gear but as soon as i apply alittle more throttle it loses power and spits and sputters. when i shift to 3,4,5 it just loses power and dies slowly. What is wrong with this thing? heres what ive done so far- New battery, plugs, fuel filter and fuel pump. none of that helped so i changed it over to gravity feed, and that didnt help either. so i cleaned the carbs, didnt help, so i bought some used carbs off of a 98 cbr f3, it ran alittle bit better, maybe let me get to 6500rpms in second, but still did not fix the problem. so i cleaned the tank, new fuel filter, still nothing. I used my buddys bike (98 cbr F3 that runs very good) as a doner and i started pulling parts of and enterchanging them with mine. I changed out the coils, wires, rectifier, and computer.. still nothing.

What is wrong with this thing? Im just about to the point where the only thing left i know to do is ghost ride it off the dock and out into the lake, maybe it will make a better jet ski then a motorcycle.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Default RE: My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!

Have you change your speedo cluster by any chance? My bike ran like hell when I changed my speedometer from kilometers to mph so I changed out the computer and the bike ran awesome. I mean before I did that it would run normal until it got up to around 5 grand and after that it ran like sh*t!! Hope this helps.

Nott

Old 05-11-2006, 07:09 PM

Nope, never changed the speedo or cluster.

I did however notice a small exhaust leak, sounds like its coming from the headgasket, forgot to mention that in my first post.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:49 PM

HI! my bike has the SAME problem!
but diffrent is that i didn't try do nothing with it yet)))
i think it is problem only in carburatour..
for how long your bike stay in the garage?
did you add some chemicals to the fuel before put to the storage?

the problem might be in the needles.. you know i wanna try to buy a NEW DINO JET kit
and chenge all needles and other small parts that go within kit..

do no why but i belive that it gonna fix the problem..
also gonna do carb sincronization did you ever done it?

any way man! keep in touch!

P.S. my bike after assident and stay in the parking lot for 3 months and also 4 month in my garage before i start it....

P.P.S. did some body try to use fuel condencers??? or stuff like injector cleaner??? just something that need to add in fuel..?

Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 PM

With the bike sitting still and it in nuetral,will it rev right??If so sounds like your air selonoid valve.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:58 PM

my bike has been sitting for the last 1 1/2 years while i was in iraq, but it ran like this before i left.

When it is in nuetral it revs fine all the way to the rev limiter.

how do i check the air selonoid valve to see if its working properly?

Old 05-11-2006, 08:07 PM

mine too.. and everithing seems to be ok on the 1st.speed..
but hell begins on the 2nd...

Old 05-11-2006, 08:10 PM

I dont know the proper way to ck.it,I loaned my manual to someone,but it isnt working.It should open at 12mph and its not.That is what is causing it to fall on its face.On the race bikes we always bypass this crap.It is not hard to do.I will try to take some pics for you and post them.Then just hook all the hoses up exactly as they are in the pics.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:47 PM

that would be very much appreciated.

Oh, and one more thing, i downloaded a user manual and my bike has all the emissions crap on it. I live in Ohio, and i bought it from michigan, guess the guy i bought it off of must have gotten it from someone in Cali. Anyway, is there any way i can take all that crap off and can it? Im guessing if i do that i will have to buy a computer from a non-emissions controlled bike right? Thanks angain for help.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: GreaseMonkey83

that would be very much appreciated.

Oh, and one more thing, i downloaded a user manual and my bike has all the emissions crap on it. I live in Ohio, and i bought it from michigan, guess the guy i bought it off of must have gotten it from someone in Cali. Anyway, is there any way i can take all that crap off and can it? Im guessing if i do that i will have to buy a computer from a non-emissions controlled bike right? Thanks angain for help.

Absolutly you can take it off.As I said I dont have my manual and would have to look at the wiring diagram.Mostly if I remember right its just a charcoal cannister and various plumbing.Also I dont believe you would have to replace the brain box either.

In the meantime try this and Im not certain this will work because normally we take all this stuff off as I said earlier.But look under the carbs and you should see a brass in line valve.It should be the only thing under there thats looks brass and is not much bigger than the lines it ties together.Take that valve out and just hook the two hoses together with a nipple or piece of tubing or whatever you have that is close in diameter to the hose.That may cause a little difference as you let the clutch out from a dead stop,but I doubt it.It may solve your problem completely.Let me know.

We'll get that thing running right one way or another.

Quick Reply: My 95 F3 is running like S*** help please!!