CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Mirror Problem... Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Problem... Help

Ok, I bought the bike with a broken off mirror, and a rusty one, so I bought some new ones, and I just got them in the mail... The bolts they came with don't fit... I attached an image, here's the issue.

The Blue Line is only there to show that I have 3 of each size.
In the GREEN BOX is the stock bolt holes on the bike.
In the RED BOX is the bolt end that goes into the new mirrors.
Opposite the Red Boxes are the bolt sizes for the holes on the Bike.

They are too big, and WAY too big... I don't know what this kind of bolt is called... where its smaller on one end and bigger on the other. I tried Lowe's and Home Depot again, and they don't sell anything like this. I was thinking about trying Advanced Auto Parts.

I would prefer just to order a bolt like the top ones but smaller diameter so it'll bolt right up, but I don't know what those bolts are called or where to get them. If that option can't be pursued, then I am open to suggestions...

Name:  imgg.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  22.7 KB

Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 PM

I would just take the mirror to a hardware store like Ace, Napa, true value - I have had better luck with this type of thing at those stores compared to home depot and lowes

Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 PM

The only Ace and Napa are a good 30 minute ride away... oh well, I love riding the bike, so I'll head that way on my next off day!

*OFFTOPIC* So I got the HID in my bike and I love it, so I set off to do them in my 2010 Civic today. I read about it for a couple days before attempting it, I love to research so it makes it easier. It was cake... but you have to take off the front tire to get to the back of the headlight...

To take of a tire, you must jack up the car... SO I figured, why not just use the BRAND NEW Honda Jack that the care came with... so I got the driver side up, the tire off and set to work, and then suddenly, POW the jack broke, and the front disk brake landed on my leg (Left Calf)... Lots of blood and pain, and an epic battle scar... after I cleaned it all off, it dosen't look NEARLY as bad... and It dosen't hurt at all anymore. I can walk and I'm ok, its just a flesh wound...

I laid my Civic down before I laid my bike down... I think that's a world first... Imma upload pics of my leg soon haha

Old 07-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Damn dude, glad it's just a flesh wound. Did the stand break break? or did it just slide from under the car?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 PM

The stock Honda BRAND NEW Scissor jack broke... : \

I uploaded pics on my facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1303921523

Old 07-07-2010, 11:36 PM

dang I can't see pics cuz I'm not a "friend" lol

Old 07-07-2010, 11:46 PM

You could send me a friend request :P

It's really not bad at all... dosen't even hurt... but it peeled a big chunk of flesh back... Could have been a lot worse, It could have broken my leg, or pinned me under the car...

I'll post em, here ya go:

Old 07-07-2010, 11:52 PM

But you could be some kind of CBR killer wacko :P lol I'll send friend request.. Dang man that looks like it hurt! How'd it not break your leg?!

Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 AM

Lol I won't kill ya

I heard the Jack start to break and moved my leg from under the controll arms and break disk... Not far enough though... It got me pretty good... It's bruised up the size of a pancake... Lol

Another saving grace, when I had removed the wheel, I laid it very close to the car, about mid way, and the frame fell on the tire and that kept the frame from coming all the way down onto my leg and pinning me... Luck I guess, that or guardian angels do exist...

Quick Reply: Mirror Problem... Help