CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

looking for a good f3 review

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for a good f3 review

Is that a center stand? Nice!

Also, does that rack come off and on easily, or is it always there?

Freaking sweet bike man - I like it alot. Tell me more about those thingies ya got there, I'm very interested in a rack that will come off easily.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a Ventura rack made in New Zealand, good stuff, rack comes off easily (top half) with two rounded bolts. about 30 seconds should do it.
Bottom half stays on, its fitted to the lower rail. No drilling required. They have good bags, I have two. One large & 1 smalll, they also zip together so you can carry heaps of stuff, they also have a special piece that fits in place when your not using the rack, sort of like a grab rail. www.ventura-bike.com
The thing on the tank is a Bagster tank cover (French made), its designed to go with their tank bag, they can match the standard colour & design of your bike. but I got mine for paint protection, padded sides makes it comfortable on long trips. www.bagster.com

Old 01-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

Nice.

Any links?

Old 01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put two in my last post. www.ventura-bike.com & www.bagster.com

Old 01-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

Hahaha, aww dammit - I'm a bit off lately...

Old 01-15-2007, 02:06 AM

I was in the EXACT same position as you were a couple weeks ago: choosing between the yzf600r and cbrf3. If you have never riden both, do so. Not all sport bikes feel the same even though sometimes they may look like they are. I test rode both the 600r and f3 and the f3 was much easier to hop on and ride. The 600r, while prolly would have become comfortable after getting used to, felt somewhat awkward to ride for the first time. I felt almost like i was too close to the windscreen/instrument gauges. It also shifts very, shall we say, forceably. Now the cbrf3 can can some shifting issues also(just type in shift or shifting in the search button on this website)so don't let that deter you.
Basically what did it for me was the fact that the honda just felt better to ride on. As for power, since mine has a two bros exhaust(installed when i bought it), i cant tell you what stock is but i have not gotten above mmmm, id say 8 or 9k and i can FEEL the power. I bought mine with 33k miles for 2600 bux and while the cbr is more plentiful to find, if you enjoy the 600r, i say buy it(the design hasnt changed since i believe 1997 so if you find an older one, ill look exactly like a brand new one, barring color differences).

Old 01-15-2007, 03:59 AM

From what I here spares on Yamaha is much cheaper (specially body panels). Honda and Suzuki is very close to the top of the list if it comes to expensive spares but don't get me wrong my routs ly with Honda and I'm not really a Yamaha fan.
I use to drive a Suzuki but if you compare it's like Honda just went a little bit further and paid a bit more attention to detail when they designed there bikes but don't let enybody fool you. Hondas are hell to work on if you're going to service and maintain them yourself, though I think the reliability makes up for that.
I agree 400s are nice beginner bikes but if you compare the price difference, I'd suggest to go for an older 600 since you'll probably only drive the 400 for a year or so and then sell it to bye something bigger

Old 01-16-2007, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Is that a center stand? Nice!

Yep they are still available via Honda for about $150 bucks from the dealer.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:47 AM

I had a 1995 yzf 600r. it was fast and very good but i dont lose a sec of sleep over it I am 100% sure i made the right choice in selling it goget the 1996 cbr i am riding now it rocks! i dont thinkf3s quite as quick but its also stock.... 4 now F3 rocks

Old 01-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Just thought that I would add in...

Don't buy anything on how fast it is right now (except maybe the Katana, lol). They're ALL fast. Full stop.

And, the F3 will continue to challenge you. I've gotten to points in my riding where I feel completely ready for a literbike or maybe a new RR or R6, but as soon as I feel that way, I'll push myself a little more on the F3. And you know what? She pushes back.

I have been humbled everytime I physically attempt to push that bike as hard as it will go. Just less than a week ago I got butterflies in my stomach so bad, I actually had to let off the throttle. I'm serious. It was like the tickling feeling you get on a coaster, and I would try and overcome it HARD, but alas, the tickling in my stomach was too much to bear...

I had to back off the throttle or I would have let go because it tickled too much!

I may have only been riding since October 6th, but I've got 5K miles under my belt already. I'm a ridin' sumbitch and I know my F3...

You will enjoy it formonths/years to come - get the F3.

Quick Reply: looking for a good f3 review