CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Line-X F3 CBR

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-X F3 CBR

So i am new to this forum...but i like what you guys have to say. I know this might be an old topic but i was wondering what your thoughts are on Line-Xing my bike. I just want to do the fairings of my f3. I was wondering if Line-X is better than Rhino Liner and if Line-X comes in different colors. I am also really interested in some pics of bikes that have had it done. If any of you guys have done it, i was wondering if its hard to do...i mean it is just spraying some cans on some fairings...but i am still curious. I will be posting pics of my bike when its all finished. Thanks a lot for the help.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:03 AM

Hey Willkster welcome to the forums,

Line x? as in the bedliner? I have used it on my truckbed and if you really wanted to do it to your bike fairings i'm sure you could, but it would be darn heavy! Also, not sure how well it would flex, if you dropped your bike and or banged into it, the dent might stay in form rather than springing back like the plastic is meant to do.

Blake

Old 10-26-2009, 01:18 AM

Yeah it is a bed liner...i was wondering that too like how much heavier it would make it because its only 3 racing/track fairings (I am not racing the bike on the track, I just really like them) that i want to spray and the flexibility of it as well. Here is a link i found of someone who did it to their bike and it looks fantastic.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=118087&page=2
Yeah that is a very good point, that if i drop the bike or anything that the dent might stay. I am very curious to know if anyone else has experience or has done this to their bike.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 PM

ok so i bought a can of this rhino liner/truck bed liner stuff and i sprayed an old side fairing that i have and it came out awesome. i did one coat and so far it looks really good i am very surprised. I am going to do 2 more coats on it, and see how that comes out.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a guy on here that did herculiner on his bike. Same concept and it looks pretty good. I almost did it to my bike but decided to just paint it myself. Here is the link to his page. https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/willduce-26150-albums-mayor-gnarlyville-44/

Old 10-26-2009, 11:35 PM

oh awesome man thanks a lot! yeah i think its gonna turn out really interesting and pretty awesome! thanks a lot for the link man!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 PM

yeah i think its pretty gnarly...about 80% of people think its rad as **** and 20% are llike" why would you do that to a motorcycle"

Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM

hahaha yeah man i totally agree a lot of people like it but the people who dont like it seem to REALLY hate it!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what's it like if it scratches?
i take it that it's a bit harder to scratch off than normal paint?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't decide if I like it or not.. lol

On one hand I think it looks badass/unique and would be sweet to have some uber-durable bedliner protecting my plastics.

Then I think about it on my bike and think it would look ugly and I would miss my shiny painted fairings! lol I dunno..

I'm back and forth on it..

Quick Reply: Line-X F3 CBR