CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Instaling alarm. pease help if you can

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instaling alarm. pease help if you can

Hi guys. A friend of mine brought me an alarm with remote start. The problem is i cant get how to conect it.
I have bought an aditional relay with i need in oder to connect the whole thing but some things arestill not clear.
yet another problem is that the manual that i've got with it is in Polish and online translition didnt really make anything any clearer.
So if any of you had this or something similar installed on your bike a'id really be thankfull for any help at all.
Here are the wiring diagram
Name:  Alarm-1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  40.1 KB

What i do know:
1.I know that ORANGE is going to the ignition switch to the wire that hase + on it when the key is turned to ON.
2.RED goest to + on the battery
3.Two YELLOW wires are going to the indicators.
4.GRAY wire doesnt go anywhere

Not really sure how to connect the rest of the wires including the ones that are doing into the relay.
Thanks for reading.
Awaiting help...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Instaling alarm. pease help if you can

could you get a better scan of all that to the right so its readable. Or what do the words mean. I have most of it figured out but id like to know what those words mean to make sure. What im thinking is one wire is ignition and the one going to the relay is either a starter kill or the actual start realy ( usualy they are built in but maybe not on a smaller alarm like this)

Old 07-28-2007, 02:07 AM

i haven't a clue what the words mean. But i thiught may be some one has a similar alarm so i could have a look at the wiring and compare to mine, may be some thingd would become more clear.
Hey Dementedf3 you wouldnt have a copy of your wiring by any chance. May be you could scan it and post it here.
Thanks for helping, this alarm is just driving me crazy now...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:32 AM

I don't have an alarm on mine. I spent 6 years installing alarms and remote starts at a shop so i know my way around one. But like i said i know where they are supposed to go but it really doesn't make any sense at all by that diagram. Is there an actual model number for the alarm??

Old 07-28-2007, 12:02 PM

The Alarm is RTX Racer AM6. I did a search and it looks like noone accept polish people have it or know anything about it. Its just one of those realy cheap alarms, thats why the wiring diagram is ****, noone could be arssed to do a proper one since the alarm is os cheap...
May be you could tell me what wires i need to connect to similar alarm with the remote start.
Or how the relay connects. I bought a 12V auto relay that is needed for the remote start to work but im not sure of how exactly it works.
ay be u can recomend some article or something for m to read.
Thanks again for help...

Old 07-28-2007, 04:01 PM

see the problem is not all alarms work the same way. What i am getting from the crap diagram above is the pink wire is the trigger for the relay. the relay looks like it is used as a starter kill relay. so the pink wire would go to 85 on the relay you have and then connect 86 to the battery as it shows. now as far as the other wires go i am as confused as you. one of them should go to the brake light ( it shuts down the remote start when you hit the brake to ride it) then there should be a start wire and an ignition. looks like the orange may be the ignition wire and the blue possibly the brake wire, that would leave the grey to the starter ( ignition wire turns on with the key before you hit the start button)

Old 07-28-2007, 06:03 PM

You know that you are brilliant, dont you.
I just got an e mail from the company that supplyes thia alarms with an english manual/diagram.
Name:  AM6english.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  95.3 KB
Its a bit different, i think its for the older bikes that had + and - going to the ignition/key switch.
But it has description of the wires in english.
Thanks again for your interest in this i wouldnt be able for it on my own. Beers are on me if you ever come to Ireland...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:54 AM

oh and i was told that the wire that needs to go through the relay is from the kill switch. Do you think it might be correct?
(its the wire that is shown cut and redirected through the relay)
Im just trying to understand how the whole thin works so i can understand how it needs to be connected.
Dementedf3 i'd be thankfull for the rest of my days if you couldmake some kind of drawing for me if you'll understand how the thing works.
Im not a total noob in this but a bit confused at the moment.
Thank you for your time...Beers are on me :-)

Old 07-30-2007, 07:04 AM

How does the remote start work on a bike with a choke? Will it not just cut out when the bike is cold?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 AM

I would think that if you know that you are leaving the bike for the night/day you can just put the choke on so its ready for the start in the morning. Or if you are just parking it for a couple of hours you leave the chike off and there should be no problem with remote start in any of this cases :-)

Quick Reply: Instaling alarm. pease help if you can