CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

I need to know about frame sliders?? help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to know about frame sliders?? help please

Hi guys,
I'm a nube if you couldn't tell. I was thinking of sticking frame slders on my 98 f3 for some extra look and protection. How much of a pain is it ? I know you just bolt them onto the frame but what about cutting the plastics is that gonna be a hassle? Is there anything else I would have to do? I would greatly appreciate some feedback, Thanks

Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM

Its a tedious process but well worth it. DO NOT GET NO CUT SLIDERS. They snap off and do no good. That said, I run Vortex sliders that are originally meant for a 900rr I believe (because they dont have an F2/F3 application). They work perfectly because they have a through bolt. You will need to go to a bolt store and get 2 metric 10.9 bolts, M10 size x 130mm and 110 mm long, for right and left respecitvely. Cutting the holes is not too bad. Unbolt the lowers and place them over the bolted on sliders. Drill a small hole and mark the center of the slider bolt. Then use a 1.5 inch hole saw to cut each hole. Remember, measure twice, cut once.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by cajunlowrida
Its a tedious process but well worth it.
Tedious is relative, I guess. I didn't find it tedious at all, but I'm pretty handy with a dremel, so the project was done in maybe 40 min.

But, yeah, DO NOT GET NO-CUTS! They're garbage. If you don't want to risk doing a hack job cutting your fairings, then don't get sliders. Take your time, and it'll look great.

Falqon posted a nice wakthrough for your perusal:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/quick-frame-slider-install-94306/

But there are other ways of doing it.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by CBRf3dude
I was thinking of sticking frame slders on my 98 f3 for some extra look
Personally, I think sliders on the F3's look kindof weird. They look better on the RR's. To each his own.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
Personally, I think sliders on the F3's look kindof weird. They look better on the RR's. To each his own.
Weird but necessary. I think as long as they match the bike they don't look so bad. I want to get some longer sliders. Mine are pretty short.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:10 PM

since your new to riding i recommend a cage from freestyle pm me if you want info

Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 PM

Thanks, all of you that replied. I'll think it over. The sliders would be nice to help protect my bike, but its not like I'm doing anything crazy on my bike. I'm just ridin it

Old 06-26-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by CBRf3dude
Thanks, all of you that replied. I'll think it over. The sliders would be nice to help protect my bike, but its not like I'm doing anything crazy on my bike. I'm just ridin it
Don't need to be doing anything crazy

The first and only time I went down was turning into a parking lot. I hit a patch of gravel that was all she wrote. Bent my shifter but no damage to the plastics because of the sliders.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by MisterB
Don't need to be doing anything crazy

The first and only time I went down was turning into a parking lot. I hit a patch of gravel that was all she wrote. Bent my shifter but no damage to the plastics because of the sliders.

Fact. I'm on my 3rd shifter. Ended up just buying a collapsable one the 3rd time around.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:32 PM

I got the extended ones on ebay for like 40 bux a couple years ago. I just took off the lower fairings and used a drill press. 40 for the extended sliders, or a couple hundred bux to fix the fairing and match the custom paint. I think they look great on there, and on long rides I can put my feet up on them to stretch a little.

Quick Reply: I need to know about frame sliders?? help please