CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How do the gauges attach to the wiring harness?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do the gauges attach to the wiring harness?

Hi guys,
I just got a set of gauges for my kart project and I have no idea how they install onto the wiring harness. I can see that there are plugs for something on the harness itself for the gauges, but I can't figure it out. If someone could take pics or post a link to a pic showing the connections, it would be great.

Thanks,
Cal

Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OEM-Type Bullet & Spade Electrical Connectors for 1960's through 1970's Japanese Vehicles... Bridgestone, Datsun, Hodaka, Honda, Kawasaki, Landcruiser, Suzuki, Tohatsu, VW, & Yamaha

Gotcbr turned me on to this site. If you're doing any kind of conversion with your
guages, vintage will let you roll your own. Keeps a nice stock look.Also makes it easy
to pull on and off the bike, at will.

If it's a stock F3 guage for your harness, should be at the very front end, 2 wide
(about 9 in a row connections each) connectors that plug straight into the guages.

Hope this helps, Ern

Old 08-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same boat

Seems like we are in the same boat. I just picked up a cbr 600 motor with all the elecs attached, but no gauges. I also need to find out where I can find through the ser# what I have exactly. (model and year). any info that could help me would be greatly appreciated. This motor is going into a kart project as well. (off road full susp.)